Book Design and Imaging

Clipped Text Warning Problem

Hi,

I have already created and printed a book and I am happy with the result. I am now working on a companian book to go with the first book so the layouts are similar.

I have a Foreword page but on the second book, when I enter the word FOREWORD in the header box, no matter what size, script or placing in the header box, i get a clipped text warning. I am using the same script and size as i did in the first book but for the second, i can’t seem to get rid of the clipped text warning. Everything looks OK in the preview page but it still shows a warning.

A’m I doing something wrong or am i missing something. What happens if i submit the book if it is still giving me a clipped text warning.

Likewise i have a clipped text warning in a header box on another page. The line of text only goes half way across the header box and I have a similar line of text on  another page that fills more of the header box, but that one says is OK.

Advice welcome as i am nearly ready to submit this book.

Thanks

Chris

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Derek218
Nov 27, 2007 6:32pm PDT
Derek218

To view a preview of the first book, search for 212 Frankie Wainman in the bookstore, Its the Foreword page that i am have issues with in the second book even though the layout is the same as the one you can see in the first book.

Posted by
Derek218
Nov 27, 2007 6:34pm PDT
Derek218

Hello Derek218;

Check out what’s actually in the Header box by highlighting the text, from the very left hand side, and keep dragging the mouse way down the page…

I had a similar problem where the Book Title had crept into the header bar – but in WHITE on a WHITE background, so I couldn’t see it – and had the same warning sign you did… I discovered it by accident, when trying to delete the text & start again!!!

Worth a shot… If it’s not that, you’ll need to file a Tech Support report with Blurb…

Good luck;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Nov 28, 2007 8:26am PDT
lkb-28