Book Design and Imaging

2 page spread??

Made a book in Booksmart and it printed/published with no problems. Now I want to order it as a PDF. I went to review it as an ebook and I’ve lost any 2 page spreads. I can’t drag them as a double page. These seems no option to create a 2 pagers.
Can anyone help. Please

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
fallduff
Jan 22, 2013 1:13pm PDT
fallduff

most beautiful

Posted by
bravesinger
Jan 23, 2013 6:21pm PDT
bravesinger

Have lost all my spreads too. When I converted from 12 × 12 square book to ebook, all spreads just include one page so all pagination is off. Advice please. Thank you.

Posted by
Shirleysok
Jan 25, 2013 9:51pm PDT
Shirleysok

I have the same problem. This software producing the ebooks simply does not work. Hey blurb, wake up. I am sure we are not the only 3 person with this problem. When I ask their support, their only answer was that you could not spread a photograph over a 2 pages spread with the editor… Hello, the problem is the editor is not converting the book properly… Useless support person…

Posted by
jdgagne
Feb 16, 2013 3:58am PDT
jdgagne

Can only talk about my book which I am in the middle of converting to an ebook, I have five spreads, and they all show up correctly on the editor, had a problem converting the book, but support did succeed.  The software is not great but its working for me.

Posted by
rib9462
Feb 16, 2013 12:01pm PDT
rib9462

The "editor" is also truncating the two page spreads for me. Given this worked when I last created ebook versions I’m not sure if this is a bug or a feature in the editor. Given that Blurb now charge to create the ebook version I’m not sure if I really want to potentially waste money to find out if they have broken my book or not.

Posted by
mrprior
Mar 24, 2013 7:46pm PDT
mrprior

The message I got from support was

<table cellspacing="0" style="table-layout: fixed" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 0px 15px 0px 0px; width: 40px" valign="top"> </td> <td style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px" width="100%" valign="top">

Jake ( Blurb Support)

Mar 25 10:44 (PDT)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting blurb support.

Unfortunately, we’ve recently found that this is a bug within the ebook conversion tool when it’s trying to convert two page spreads created in BookSmart. Our engineers are aware of the issue and working on a fix for it, but haven’t supplied us with a definite date of when this will be resolved.

In the meantime, you can use one of two workarounds for this issue:

1) Within the ebook, add a new page where the two page spread should be, add the image to the second page and then align it at the inner gutter. Essentially, you’d be creating a two page spread manually, within the ebook.

OR

2) Go back into your BookSmart project and break the lock on the pages with the two page spreads. To do this, find the two page spread, right-click the page thumbnail below the book project and select "Break Two Page Spread". Your spread will actually remain intact, but without a lock. Then upload the BookSmart project to your account and convert it into a new ebook file.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Posted by
mrprior
Mar 25, 2013 11:00pm PDT
mrprior

OK tried both of these workaround and both failed. (1) crashes the app and the option to break the two page spread is greyed out for me so (2) doesn’t work.

Posted by
mrprior
Mar 25, 2013 11:21pm PDT
mrprior