Book Design and Imaging

Whole book made using InDesign and Photoshop

Hi

I just finished my book using only inDesing and Photoshop. I am quite happy with the quality and ordered 10 copies of my 440 pages version.

Here is a preview of my book (flash slideshow with "book effect"), pop-up window.

Please give me your feedback

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
peitreq6
Dec 13, 2007 5:05am PDT
peitreq6

beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. did not like to drag click feature of flash, the effect was nice, but the dragging was getting tiresome.

Posted by
jasperguy
Dec 13, 2007 8:41am PDT
jasperguy

Outstanding work. Although the "drag page corner" technique was a mystery to discover, I found it an interesting way to demonstrate a book. Would be nice to give the user a hint on how to navigate.

Your images have a wide range of tones, colors, saturation. Please tell, did you do any special adjustments for the Blurb printer. If so, how did you soft proof and adjust? If you simply loaded Blurb with your normally processed images, how did you find the printed results? Did the rich tones and colors print OK?

Posted by
redcrown
Dec 14, 2007 11:12am PDT
redcrown

Likewise, I liked the book! I am wondering how you liked the rsolution of the type. Were they sharp enough using Photoshop/Indesign? They look fine on the computer screen, but that’s not the same as seeing the physical book.

Posted by
cantudoit2
Dec 14, 2007 11:39am PDT
cantudoit2

did you setup your document in InDesign and export it as PDFs?

Posted by
pvuncannon
Dec 20, 2007 12:55pm PDT
pvuncannon

Excellent work! Great photos! I’d like to present my photos the same way. What software do I need?

Posted by
Ixteder
Dec 22, 2007 3:02pm PDT
Ixteder

I love the facing-page image juxtapositions (two examples: the rock/fungi mounds in Bolivia and the candy apples from Argentina; another, the ziggurats and the chicken legs from Mandalay, Burma). Wonderful sense of humor. Good work.

Posted by
amgallo
Jan 8, 2008 2:53pm PDT
amgallo

I absolutely love your photos, they are gorgeous, inspired and very appealing to the eye. How did you submit the In Design files to Blurb. I am in the process of laying out my book and would like to use ID but am unsure of how the send the files to blurb as they have a book software. In fact I was under the impression, that one must use their book softtware. Is this true? If so how did you by pass the software?

Posted by
fotograph
Jan 10, 2008 5:56pm PDT
fotograph