Book Design and Imaging

Blank pages

As rookie publisher – I have a front and back cover plus pages 1 to 19 inclusive with pix and text. Page 20 is a small pic, the blurb logo, etc Pages 21 and 22 are blank – I can’t delete them. Will they get printed and be part of my 1st book?

Fitch

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Fitch
Dec 13, 2007 8:21pm PDT
Fitch

Hello Fitch;

The Blurb Logo page SHOULD be the LAST page in your book, and in EDIT mode, if you scroll to the very right hand end of the page navigator, BookSmart should show you that, and have it designated as "End Page"...

There is in fact one (double-sided) page after that as a fly-leaf, (as there is at the beginning of the book) but, as far as I know, these do not show in BookSmart’s editor! At least they don’t in any of my book projects…

Unless it has some effect on the price-break for printing, I wouldn’t worry too much about it, but if it affects the price-break, then I would certainly file an Order Support report with Blurb for their confirmation… You can get to it via the HELP page…

Good luck;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Dec 14, 2007 2:38am PDT
lkb-28

Lee, I did my first test book a few weeks ago and found the same thing you described; that is, blank fly-leaf pages at both the beginning and at end. These are not included in my page count, and don’t appear in the BookSmart editor either. FWIW, they’re a different paper stock than used for the actual pages. Taking these blank pages into account,  I  realize now that I don’t need to include a blank page pair up front. This was a 7×7 book, but I suppose the same thing applies to the other formats as well.

John 

Posted by
jworam
Dec 17, 2007 2:53pm PDT
jworam

I just printed my first "test" book. I am trying to understand why there are 3 fly-leaf pages in the front of my book instead of 1. My book is 40 pages long (20 double sided physical pages of course) Hardcover. It appears a bit awkward.

To that effect, is there a revision mechanism for uploads ? or if I make some minor cosmetic revisions, do I have to delete the original before uploading the revised version??

Luis

Posted by
ttluigi
Jan 6, 2008 8:38am PDT
ttluigi

No, you don’t have to delete your original book before uploading your revised version. The revised version, when uploaded is considered a ‘new’ book by Blurb.

Posted by
cantudoit2
Jan 6, 2008 10:55am PDT
cantudoit2