Book Design and Imaging

IN DYING NEED OF HELP!!!

Hey Guys,

Today is my first day working on my book and I encountered a problem already, I spent hours try to figure it out and I am heading nowhere. I edited one of my pictures with photoshop, and saved it as a Jpeg and imported in to booksmart, but after I add it to my page layout, I can’t see the preview, it was just a black block. I tried this several times, I saved my jpeg many times with different sizes, and tried them all, and still…black, sometime I can see the small preview in the " my imported photo" colum, or the little preview boxes down below, but never in the main working space, and when I try some other pictures (the ones that are directly off my camera) they were fine. Please help me, cause I am running out of ideas now.  PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEE….......

Thanks guys.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Martiano
Dec 15, 2007 12:49am PDT
Martiano

Hello Martiano;

Check your file format… The worked-on files in PhotoShop need to be "flattened" to JPEG format. Unless you’ve done that, the files will be in PhotoShop’s .PSD format which BookSmart doesn’t recognise…

That’s the normal cause of the "black" image…

Additionally, ensure the images are in sRGB mode and not in AdobeRGB mode; that also creates problems on importing the files…

Good luck;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Dec 15, 2007 1:40am PDT
lkb-28

you are my SAVIOR Lee, thanks so much, it is because the darn RGB setting. you are the MAN, <sup>_</sup> thanks a lot.

Posted by
Martiano
Dec 15, 2007 2:11am PDT
Martiano

Also, I corrected this problem by saving files as .png as opposed to .jpeg.  This cleared up any issue.

Posted by
cccohen
Dec 15, 2007 7:39pm PDT
cccohen