Book Design and Imaging

Pictue problems......

Okay so I have been working on my book now for a few weeks and have read most of the posts on here, however I am still having some problems with my pictures…or at least I think I am …...

I hae gone for a book that uses a number of different layouts some fuul page others 1/2 or 1/4 as well as some of the montage layouts and multiple small pic layouts….

Question is, do I need to resize all of the the picture to fit each picture window? can they not be all the same size (resolution & dpi) and still be used to fit a number of different layouts or do I need to resize each individual image??

Dazed and confused…...

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
3STIPES
Jan 11, 2008 4:58am PDT
3STIPES

Hello 3STIPES;

NO – you don’t neccesarily need to do anything to your images – UNLESS BookSmart gives you any warnings about the image being "under-sized" for the container you’re importing it into…

You can use the same image on any number of containers, of any different size…

All you need to watch out for is that the container is not too big for the image; but provided your images are from a decent sized digital camera, there is unlikely to be any problem.

Re-sizing to fit is an optimum tool, but for the majority of uses, you can easily ignore it. If the image is too big for the container, then BookSmart will automatically re-size it on upload to the server before printing. This saves resource, and does not affect the printed quality… his will only happen if the DPI fir is greater than 300…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 11, 2008 8:12am PDT
lkb-28