Book Design and Imaging

Making a book from my BLOG... I need serious help!

I need some help figuring out how to format my book to match my blog. 

You see, when I blog I tell my "story" each day, it’s woven throughout the post and pictures.  For example, I might say  "The boys were happy with the chocolate… as evident on their faces in the picture below."  Then I would have a picture and more story.

When I looked through the page layouts on blurb, I don’t see anything that has pictures and text in a vertical order.

Please visit my blog…. www.therandolphfamilyblog.blogspot.com and tell me how you think I should lay it out in my book.

I appreciate your help immensely.

Jennifer

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jenny_boise
Mar 25, 2008 3:24pm PDT
jenny_boise

Hi, Jennifer. I love the way you tell your stories with photos on your blog! And I see what you mean about wanting your book to follow the same format.

After slupring your blog into BookSmart, have you looked through some of the available photo layouts? There are a few you might like to use that have images going down one side of the page with space next to each photo for text. I know there are at least two layouts like this: one for four images and another for six.

There are also some good photo layouts that will have multiple rows of two images with spaces beneath each for text. That might work as well.

Another thing you might consider is creating a custom layout for yourself (using software like InDesign or Photoshop). This will give you total control on your page layout. If you want to give this a try, check out the Blurb Forums featured post: Free InDesign and Photoshop Templates. It’s a great resource if you want to get into making your own layouts. 

Hope this helps!

- Lia 

Posted by
thinklia
Mar 25, 2008 5:31pm PDT
thinklia

Jennifer,  blogs like this can be tricky.  Other than custom designing your layouts, there are work arounds in the Blurb software.  You really have to take a good look through the extensive layouts they have for both the text and the photo schemes.  I just finished a blog book for a customer who had the same issue.  Trial and error will get you the look and feel you want to create.  Great blog!!

Hope this helped.  Suzzanne

Posted by
sanadoo
Mar 26, 2008 8:18am PDT
sanadoo