Book Design and Imaging

Title missing

I have a front cover template with a title entered in the text area.  This title shows up correctly in the page headers but Booksmart (version 1.9.5.23254) still shows the book to be "untitled."  How do I get the book titled? 

It sure would be nice to be able to title a book without having to enter a title on the front cover.  I have another book, also untitled, that I didn’t want Booksmart to title there because I entered the cover text in Photoshop to get a drop shadow or "stroke" effect on the letters.  Therefore there seemed no way to title the book.

Thanks for your help,

Ed 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
edmertz
May 20, 2008 8:58am PDT
edmertz

Once you upload the book you can alter the title so it will display correctly in the Bookstore and in your profile. Your title can be anything, it doesn’t have to be related to what’s on the cover.

Posted by
robkingston
May 20, 2008 11:24am PDT
robkingston

If you go to the top menu bar, under File there is the option to rename your file.  This will rename the current book file without needing a title on the title page.

Posted by
rbgool
May 20, 2008 5:30pm PDT
rbgool

I’ve already uploaded my book and it is showing "untitled" because I made my own cover…how do I change it now that I’ve already uploaded it ? I see robkingston has answered this question but didn’t say how to do it. Can you offer any more help?

Cheryl

Posted by
cherylhall
May 21, 2008 12:48am PDT
cherylhall

I’ll just add I have it as private not in the bookstore yet till I get my own copy to check out first.

Cheryl 

Posted by
cherylhall
May 21, 2008 12:49am PDT
cherylhall

Hi Cheryl;

Go to "Home" or "My Books" on the main control bar, click on the relevant book, and it will bring up a whole slew of "Edit" facilities. You can add/change the title in there, along with adding the category, keywords, brief description etc. etc. etc.

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
May 21, 2008 1:15am PDT
lkb-28

Go to My Books to see all your books, private of public. Click on the book in question, you’ll then get a page with details of the book. Above the picture of the book is a green stripe that, on the left says SUMMARY, on the right in smaller letters you will see EDIT. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can make your changes.

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 21, 2008 1:19am PDT
tfrankland

Stop doing that Lee!!!

Posted by
tfrankland
May 21, 2008 1:20am PDT
tfrankland

Thank you both Tony and Lee. You are both very helpful and I appreciate that and for being so quick to reply. I’ve made my changes and have ordered my first copy, Can’t wait to have it in my hands so I can make it public.

Cheryl

Posted by
cherylhall
May 21, 2008 1:41am PDT
cherylhall

Glad you got it sorted – I agree my post wasn’t too helpful!

Posted by
robkingston
May 21, 2008 4:06am PDT
robkingston

You took the effort to reply so that counts for good Rob.  :-)

Cheryl

Posted by
cherylhall
May 21, 2008 5:25am PDT
cherylhall

Thanks everyone for their help—and then some!

Ed

Posted by
edmertz
May 23, 2008 9:51am PDT
edmertz