Book Design and Imaging

Changing the book title after upload

Howdy. I did not like any of the cover templates available for this particular book, so I created my own cover in Photoshop. I then dropped the Photoshop jpeg document in as a full cover photo in an existing cover template. To do so I had to delete any template text and it appears that Blurb now believes the actual title of my book is "untitled." I believe that means that the bok spine will also say "untitled" and if I want to sell my book it will also be labeled as "untitled." Is there any way to change the title without going through the extensive upload process again? If not, how do I have a title where I want it on my Photoshop document without it appearing twice, in the template and in the PS document? Thanks. Steve.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
flyboy73
May 27, 2008 4:08pm PDT
flyboy73

Your book spine will not say "Untitled" – the only way it would say that is if you actually typed the word "Untitled" into the spine area. You can see for yourself by checking the Preview mode in Booksmart. If you didn’t type any text into the spine then the spine will be blank.

You can change the title of the book as it appears in the Bookstore, this will not of course affect the way the book is printed.

To do this, on the Blurb website go to "My Books" at the top of the screen. It will then show you thumbnails of all your book covers. Hover the mouse over the cover of the book you want, and click the orange arrow that appears at the top left. Then click "Edit Book Summary" and you can fill in all the details of your book, which will then appear to people looking at your book in the Bookstore.

Posted by
robkingston
May 27, 2008 4:56pm PDT
robkingston

Thank you kindly for the information. It’s nice to be able to ask such questions from people who have done this before. Thanks again.

Posted by
flyboy73
May 27, 2008 7:19pm PDT
flyboy73