Book Design and Imaging

A white thin line around pics..

Hey Blurbpeeps:)

I did upload a nee book today,,and i see now many of the pics have a thin line around them..The background is black so  fear it will be visible. To correct this – I wonder if a book can be deleted and reuploaded? / Thanks Aiko

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
AikoAichi
Jul 13, 2008 8:59am PDT
AikoAichi

Hello Aiko;

YES; you can delete an uploaded book, re-work it, and re-upload. It’s not a problem to do that.

Sometimes those "thin white lines" appear because the "align" toold are not (currently) working correctly. You need to hit the align button sometimes 2 or 3 times to get the image to "sit-right" in the container.

It’s best to do a full "Preview" as BookSmart suggests before you hit the UPLOAD button!

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 14, 2008 3:07am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Aiko!

If you ordered a copy of the book at the time you uploaded it that is the book that will be printed and shipped to you, even if you delete it and upload a new version as described by Lee.

If you haven’t ordered it yet you will be O.K.

..........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 14, 2008 3:23am PDT
tfrankland

Thanks guys! yes i did hit the button and "swallowed the blue pill" :) sounds like i have to do some more work with the align button:)) But if the trouble remains shall i reinstall Blurb?

/Aiko

Posted by
AikoAichi
Jul 15, 2008 7:41am PDT
AikoAichi

Hello Aiko;

Re-installing BookSmart will NOT solve the Align problem. It is a bug in the current release…

Late summer was the last I saw for an expected next release; so we’ll either just have to wait, or, work around the problem, using the various tools available…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 15, 2008 7:57am PDT
lkb-28

Oh, thanks Lee! i did reinstall and found a way to deal with those lines…so the new version is up now:) Cheers!  Aiko

Posted by
AikoAichi
Jul 16, 2008 7:13am PDT
AikoAichi