Book Design and Imaging

design on the spine

Hi guys! this is my first time making a book.  I’d like to be able to put a design on the spine instead of just putting a different color that dont match my front and back cover .  Here’s an example of what im talking about. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyandallen/2102404532/in/pool-blurb/

How is this possible? thanks.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
pinkswirl55
Sep 17, 2008 3:11am PDT
pinkswirl55

No longer possible I’m afraid. as the width of the spine varies with the number of pages Blurb said they were getting so many complaints that people’s designs didn’t fit the spine that they removed the option.

In a post a few months back they replied to the thread that they were condisering ways in which they might be able to re-introduce that feature, but no dates were given.

Not sure if this will help, but when specifying the colour for the cover, hence the spine, you can specify the colour in terms of RGB values, so if you are using (say) Photoshop you could sample a key colour from your image and use that for the spine.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Sep 17, 2008 3:20am PDT
tfrankland

hey Tony ,

wheres is that where i can specify the color of the spin ?? can’t find that ..

thanks,

linas

Posted by
linasb
Oct 18, 2008 8:08am PDT
linasb

Hi Linas

if you consider that cover and back pages are fully covered by a picture, then in the top menu click backgrounds and chose color.

As Blurbbook does not offer any possibility to imaging the spine which stays blank, then the color you have chosen as a background for the whole cover will only be visible on the spine where there is no picture at all.

hope this helps.

Tonik, From France

Posted by
tonik
Oct 22, 2008 2:24pm PDT
tonik