Book Design and Imaging

what about 8x8 and 12x12

Will you ever offer 8×8 and 12×12 books for those of us who are digitally scrapbooking in those sizes, please?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
mom2rci
Nov 25, 2008 12:55am PDT
mom2rci

I second this request…and maybe add a 10×10 option too.

Posted by
marschp
Dec 7, 2008 9:46am PDT
marschp

Please, oh, please!

I just had my first project printed and I’m so thrilled with the image wrap cover and the premium paper! I’ve been working on a 12×12 book that I was going to print elsewhere (the only place I could find that did a 12×12 image wrap) and their books aren’t nearly as nice.

I’m sure you would get tons of business from digital scrapbookers if you offered these sizes.

I also agree with the idea of the different book sizes being proportional so  you could print smaller copies of the same book without having to reformat. 

Posted by
mcbowersox
Dec 12, 2008 11:59am PDT
mcbowersox

Bingo! I’m a digital scrapbooker and digital supplies are created to be 12×12. I always re-crop so I can make my pages in Blurb (no offense to Shutterfly – who has pretty much established themselves as the place to make/print your digital scrapbook – but they just can’t compare with Blurb). I’d love to save the step, so I second the motion to have a 12×12 book!

Posted by
ErinsWorld
Jan 4, 2009 6:21pm PDT
ErinsWorld

I am a photographer, not a scrapbooker——and I very much agree. Square albums would allow me to to create digital pages in Photoshop etc, in the largest size, then easily resize to a smaller pages to sell smaller/less expensive books—that perfectly fit, identically square format. Square albums have been popular among high end wedding album mfrs (especially for digitally created albums) for years. If we had 12×12 (I could be talked into 10×10 with lower cost) and a smaller size, 6×6 or 7×7 or 8×8, those 2 sizes would get 100% of my business.

Posted by
edt
Jan 13, 2009 7:35pm PDT
edt

Right now I am shopping around and testing POD book services for photobooks.  I am working on several projects that are square format and I too would absolutely choose Blurb for my printing if only they offered something bigger than 7×7.  I would really like 10×10 and 12×12  and am wondering why you don’t offer these choices like a few other companies (of lesser quality) do.   The 7×7 books are just too small but your BookSmart software is great and very easy to use.  If you offer more sizes in square I will be your customer and I know many others that will also. 

Posted by
marydennis
Jan 18, 2009 11:51am PDT
marydennis

Please, please make a larger square book.  I have a ton of scrapbook pages created in square format and 7×7 is too small!   10×10 would be fantastic!

Posted by
kabilderbach
Mar 5, 2009 10:44pm PDT
kabilderbach