Book Design and Imaging

photo size matter

<table cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="textcell"> </td><td class="textcell">

Hi all,
I ’m currently meeting problems with a photo on full page for a book  size 13×11.
the photo is size 13376×8896 format .jpg  8,23MB  but when I transfer the picture on Booksmart it says that the photo has a low resolution and the optimal size should be  at least 3788×3263 pixels.

I read your FAQ … the software suggest a size 3788×3263 or 3900×3300. I did it on photoshop but the matter still remains the same. I am confused! I don’t understand !

</td></tr></tbody></table> Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
massimoconti
Sep 10, 2007 12:12pm PDT
massimoconti

If you create a document in Photoshop that is 13×11 and then size the photo to fit the document it should work fine, that’s the way I don it.

Louis

Posted by
PhotoLouis
Sep 10, 2007 12:23pm PDT
PhotoLouis

tks Louis

he he … now the problem is how to copy the photo on the new document  of photoshop 13×11. I am unable to use photoshop… it’s so complicate :-(

Posted by
massimoconti
Sep 10, 2007 1:16pm PDT
massimoconti

No worries, you can do it!

Posted by
Maddmatthias
Dec 7, 2007 7:51pm PDT
Maddmatthias

Just get your foto into Photo Shop. Then click on "Image" on the top tool bar. Then click "image size" . When the image size window appears you will see that you can resize your foto by filling in the appropriate numbers-3,900 by 3000 pixels as you mnetioned. Click "OK" then go to "file "and move the resized foto to the file you want to move it to by clicking on "save as". From there you can import it to Booksmart.

Don’t bother trying to import huge files into booksmart. You just overload the software and anyway they only print at 300dpi!

Posted by
cantudoit2
Dec 8, 2007 3:18pm PDT
cantudoit2