Book Design and Imaging

Question on how this will be printed in an image wrap book

Hello all, I am designing a year book for my son using the imagewrap style.

Please see this image (I cut pasted from booksmart)

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4810/bookje2.jpg

The first two pages are back and front. The next page is the title page of the book, then the copyright image and then the collage page is the first real start of my book.

Questions:
a) Will the copyright page be printed back to back behind the title page ?
b) Will the collage page be printed as a front page ? I want to ensure the collage page does not get printed behind another page as it is the main page of my book.

thanks

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
arjunrc
Feb 10, 2009 12:30pm PDT
arjunrc

hi all, any advice on this?

Posted by
arjunrc
Feb 11, 2009 3:16pm PDT
arjunrc

Looking at a previously printed hard back book I did, I started with the title, then the copywrite page and then my first page, so something similar to your order of pages.

The title page is the first page in the book (right hand side) and the copywrite page is printed on the reverse side of the title page( Left side). My first page is then facing you as you open the book and is on the right hand page.

So i think you will be alright and get it how you want.

Hope that helps

Posted by
Derek218
Feb 11, 2009 3:57pm PDT
Derek218

arj: In BookSmart you will see a strip of thumbnails across the bottom. Get to understand it as it answers this and many questions. To me you appear to have it right with the copyright page on the back of the title page and the collage page facing next. (Just make sure you haven’t added an extra page). Convention is for even numbers on the right. As you progress with layout, check the effect in BSm Preview mode from time to time. Enjoy.

P

Posted by
peteshep
Feb 11, 2009 4:02pm PDT
peteshep

arj: By the way, Image Wrap refers to choice of cover, not the internal layout.

P  :-)

Posted by
peteshep
Feb 11, 2009 4:04pm PDT
peteshep

Hello Pete and Derek,
Great thanks for the confirmation. I thought this is how it looked diagrammatically, but wanted to make sure. I think I now have a confirmed hang of the layout thanks to your responses.

best regards

Posted by
arjunrc
Feb 11, 2009 5:26pm PDT
arjunrc

[i]arj: In BookSmart you will see a strip of thumbnails across the bottom. Get to understand it as it answers this and many questions. To me you appear to have it right with the copyright page on the back of the title page and the collage page facing next. (Just make sure you haven’t added an extra page). Convention is for even numbers on the right. As you progress with layout, check the effect in BSm Preview mode from time to time. Enjoy.[/i]

Just wanted to clear this up. Even-numbered pages are on the LEFT. Page 1 is a right-hand page, so it appears by itself in the "two-page-spread" view.

Then page 2 is on the left, printed on the reverse side of page 1, and page 3 is on the right, and so on.

Posted by
robkingston
Feb 13, 2009 11:07am PDT
robkingston

r: THANKS r. My typing mistake!

Good on you for correcting, I hadn’t noticed.  :-)

<b> UNEVEN NUMBERS ON THE RIGHT </b>

P

Posted by
peteshep
Feb 13, 2009 12:56pm PDT
peteshep