Book Design and Imaging

Not Flipping or Rotating, but tilting

I am really new to Blurb and just love it, so far.  I have been looking through the wonderful books that are published here and have gotten some great ideas, but….

A couple books I looked through, have "titled" images on a page, not rotating or flipping.  How is this done?  There are no templates that have the image slightly titled to the right or left.  All are vertical or horizontal.

If anyone can give me instruction on how to accomplish this task, it would be greatly appreciated.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Deepdvn1
Mar 29, 2009 7:41am PDT
Deepdvn1

Those pages have not been created in BookSmart. They have been created in another application such as Photoshop, GIMP, Quark or Paintshop PRO and then imported into a full-bleed page in BookSmart.

You can find details on how to do this in the FAQs. Go to those and you’ll see one titled Can I Import My Own Desighn Into BookSmart? It is near the top of the list.

........Tony 

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 29, 2009 8:40am PDT
tfrankland

Tony….thank you so much for your help.  I thought as much, but after reading a blog on a "2 page spread," I thought there might be some trick I could us.  I will check out the information you have give above.  Thanks again.

Posted by
Deepdvn1
Mar 29, 2009 3:51pm PDT
Deepdvn1

If you took a given template size, put a smaller picture in it, rotated it in Photoshop, then added a "canvas" of the full size template and a color that matched the "background", couldn’t you achieve the same thing.

Posted by
beeps
Mar 30, 2009 2:55am PDT
beeps

Is it still the case that there’s no way to turn/tilt images a bit? All the squares and rectangles are too rigid for the project I have in mind.

Posted by
glennaa11
Sep 26, 2012 8:45pm PDT
glennaa11