Book Design and Imaging

Front & Back Cover Pages

I would like to use my own layout page for the front & back covers of my book but can’t find a layout that allows this.  Is it possible that Blurb can add cover layouts that are blank so covers a person create can be added?  I know these cover pages are a little larger than regular pages but it would be nice to have this choice.

CJAYJR

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
CJAYJR
Apr 20, 2009 5:01pm PDT
CJAYJR

I create my own back and front covers using Blurbs cover dimentions and then upload the images to BookSmart and choose the full bleed blank covers – the text boxes won’t show up if you leave them blank – check the Preview to make sure it looks right.

Posted by
platteford
Apr 20, 2009 8:40pm PDT
platteford

yup, I did my cover layout in photoshop with my own font selection…..did it the same way as mentioned above with the container size setting the photo size.

Posted by
firstgear
Apr 21, 2009 5:15pm PDT
firstgear

Platteford & Firstgear,

Thank you both for your responses.  For some reason I forgot to check the review mode and that the text would disappear if none was used.  I used this before with a couple of my other book titles but it has been a while since my last book – I panicked.  Thanks for the reminder.

BTW, both of your book covers (Amazing Wolf Art & Red Hot) are just fantastic.

CJAYJR

Posted by
CJAYJR
Apr 22, 2009 6:12am PDT
CJAYJR