Book Design and Imaging

Clipped Text Warning - with NO text?!?

My frontpage layout is constantly showing the "Clipped Text Warning" – although I have removed ALL text. How can I get rid of this error?

History: I initially had tried to design the cover text with the Blurb software, but either couldn’t place the text where I wanted, or I received the above overflow error (could have been caused by the Font I was using – Stencil Bash), so finally I removed all text (so I believe – there is no text visable either) and created a PNG-file of the cover photo and title text, hence I don’t need to insert any text via the Blurb software… 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
dare2go
Apr 30, 2009 8:19am PDT
dare2go

I suspect you’re getting the Clipped Text Warning because of invisible spaces. Try hitting "Control" + "A" (for select all). Then hit delete. If that doesn’t work, go to the end of your last line in the box and hit the backspace key until it won’t go any more.

HTH

Rich

Posted by
RichCapeCod
Apr 30, 2009 3:05pm PDT
RichCapeCod

Hi, Rich

I’ve tried all of that – and more = there really doesn’t seem to be anything in the text box 

Posted by
dare2go
Apr 30, 2009 4:04pm PDT
dare2go

Solved – just don’t ask how (one thing I did: switched to different template).

Posted by
dare2go
Apr 30, 2009 4:52pm PDT
dare2go

I could not figure out the clipped text warning for the life of me until I read this— could you put this as a suggestion in the popup? Something like, "you’ve exceeded your text…or you have a bunch of spaces you need to delete… "

Posted by
eamarylis2
Feb 19, 2011 1:15am PDT
eamarylis2