Book Design and Imaging

Changing book formats while working on book

Hi there,

I am sure people have asked that before, I just can’t find it. How do I change the layout (size, like 7×7 to 10×8) while I’m working on a book? I created one and had it printed very big and now want to get smaller copies of the same. 

Thanks for your help!

Peggy

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
paeckchen
May 7, 2009 4:10pm PDT
paeckchen

You will have to recreate the book in order to make it a different size.  Many of us have asked blurb to make this feature available.  Apparently because of the various layouts and page sizes you cannot just convert a book to another size.

Posted by
Bebensee
May 7, 2009 9:26pm PDT
Bebensee

You can export your book.  It’s under the FILE menu and is called "Backup/Export Book."  Then create a new book and choose the new book size you want.  Then choose FILE > Import book.  All your photos and layout will be imported into the new book size.

Posted by
thenugespeak
May 13, 2009 5:52am PDT
thenugespeak

really? when did that change? I don’t recall them announcing that new ability.

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
May 13, 2009 6:00am PDT
CasaDeWoof

Like Amelia I hadn’t seen any announcement on this change.

thenugespeak, did you actually try this before advising Peggy? To check out whether Blurb have made some unannounced changes I have just gone through the sequence you suggest. As I expected, it does not work.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 13, 2009 1:36pm PDT
tfrankland

I wonder how one would change the size of a book from 7×7 to 10×8?  The pages are drastically different in shape.  How would things fit?

I’d be interested in having one of those wanting Blurb to make this happen post the logistics of how one changes a square layout to a rectangular one without starting the design of the book over from scratch.

Posted by
deanej
May 13, 2009 1:44pm PDT
deanej

Didn’t work for me. There was no export.

Posted by
cabhoney
Jun 16, 2009 9:08pm PDT
cabhoney