Book Design and Imaging

12x12 Scanner

Does anyone know of a 12×12 AFFORDABLE scanner on the market?  I have looked around and all I see is hugely expensive ones.  I am wanting to scan 12×12 scrapbook pages for a client.

Thanks so much!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ldecs
Jun 16, 2009 11:04am PDT
ldecs

There is no need to post your question in multiple locations.

Posted by
deanej
Jun 16, 2009 12:00pm PDT
deanej

I doubt you will find an affordable one that will do 12 inches square.  Your only other options are to take the pages to somebody that has such a scanner, or scan the right side, then the left and connect the two halves together in photoshop.  With a little practice and the right technique, you won’t be able to see the overlap.

Mike

Posted by
Charybdis
Jun 16, 2009 11:04pm PDT
Charybdis

If you have one of the later versions of Photoshop Elements, or CS2/CS3, there are photomerge facilities built in that will do the stitching together for you that Mike suggests. I use the facility in CS3 (and previously CS2) to good effect with creating landscape panoramas from multiple photos I don’t see why the same approach shouldn’t work with multiple scans of a document. You’ll find a short tutorial here

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/elements/elements-6/free-tutorials/photomerge.html

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 16, 2009 11:25pm PDT
tfrankland

Alternatively, you could also try somewhere like Office Max or Staples or a commercial printer who may have a large platten scanner in their sevice department…

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jun 17, 2009 1:30am PDT
lkb-28