Book Design and Imaging

image wrap - quick question to the overlaped part

Hi to all, I learned in the forum and the FAQs, that about 1" from the image is used for the overlap (image wrap). My question is: is this "border" of 1" also at the side of the spine? Background to this question is, that I create my image in Photoshop and leave a border of 1" on all sides in black. If the side of the spine is not automatically enlarged I will have a black border only on this side on my final book. Sorry for my bad english, but I hope I could explain what  I need. Thanks to you all.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
mdi5446
Jul 6, 2009 4:53am PDT
mdi5446

I also have the same question.  Is there any more information on this anywhere?  Thanks

Posted by
mjhutchings
Oct 16, 2009 11:17am PDT
mjhutchings

Thanks for your email. Please keep all text and critical content of your images 1 inch from the three outside edges. 1 inch is approximately 4 small squares when in BookSmart’s Edit Layout mode.

This is answer I got from Customer Service when I asked for better explanation of imagewrap.

" Please keep all text and critical content of your images 1 inch from the three outside edges. 1 inch is approximately 4 small squares when in BookSmart’s Edit Layout mode.

You do not need to have this space on the spine edge, as this part of your cover is not wrapped around the edges. " Hope this helps.

Mark

Posted by
loricherokee
Oct 17, 2009 11:15am PDT
loricherokee

Sorry that got a little scrambled. Cut & Paste doesn’t work well here. The answer from CS was:

"Please keep all text & critical content of your images 1 inch from the 3 outside edges. 1 inch is approximately 4 small squares when in BookSmart’s Edit Layout mode. You do not need to have this space on the spine edge, as this part of your cover is not wrapped around the edges."

Posted by
loricherokee
Oct 17, 2009 11:20am PDT
loricherokee

Thanks, that’s what I wanted to know.

Posted by
mjhutchings
Oct 29, 2009 9:06pm PDT
mjhutchings