Book Design and Imaging

Scrapbooking??

Hi

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a book look more like a scrapbook without having to use another program?

I am doing a book of my recent travels, and want it to look like a scrapbook, and was wondering what little things I could do to give it this effect.

Thanks in advance

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Amz90
Jul 27, 2009 10:08am PDT
Amz90

http://forums.blurb.com/forums/4/topics/6849

Or experiment with what booksmart has to offer.  There really aren’t any graphics or scrapbook type pages available in booksmart.  You could maybe choose one of their designed backgrounds.  But the only graphics offered are the page ornaments that appear at the top and bottom of a page.  In 2.0 version you can design your templates how you want them – and choose frames that might fit what you want.

Posted by
Bebensee
Jul 27, 2009 9:49pm PDT
Bebensee

My wife loves to do digital scrapbooking using Photoshop Elements.  She downloads background paper, embellishments etc to use on the pages.  Once the page is completed she saves it as a JPEG image and we import it into booksmart using the 12 x12 formate and full bleed pages.  It is cheaper than printing the pages and mounting them in an album. 

Posted by
sautry
Aug 14, 2009 7:20pm PDT
sautry