Book Design and Imaging

Auto-fit to image??

I just downloaded the latest version, and read it has the function to auto-fit the image box to the image with "one-click" ease.  But, after searching the Blurb interface, FAQs and forums, I can’t seem to figure out how this is done. Can someone point out what I’m not seeing?  Thanks.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
brina
Oct 28, 2009 3:27pm PDT
brina

One-click is strteching the truth a bit. Start by placing the image in the container, then choose Edit Layout, then select the container by clicking it then right-click it and you will see auto-fit to image.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Oct 29, 2009 12:26am PDT
tfrankland

I too am having problems with this auto-fit to image feature.  I figured out the steps that Tony describes.  But it doesn’t always have the desired effect.  Sometimes it zooms in on a detail of the image.

And why do I have to do this for each separate image?  Why can’t there be an "auto-fit" layout that simply inserts every picture wiht the container for each image fitting it’s aspect?

I take some care in edting and cropping our own photos, and I’d reall prefer not to have to wrestle with the self-publishing software simply to show the photos as I designed them.

At present it looks to me like it might be easier to just make my Photobook in Microsoft Word or Adobe InDesign.

Posted by
rudyrucker
Jan 9, 2010 5:38pm PDT
rudyrucker

I have never tried the autofit but if it doesn’t work, use the other options.

You have in the phototools toolbar 4 options, 1 to crop and 3 to align the photos without cropping. If none of the those work than you can easily modify the image container so that it has the correct aspect ratio.Go to edit layout and size an image container so that it is in the same ratio.

I use Microsoft excel to plugin numbers giving me different image sizes at the same desired ratio. In some cases you need to crop. I will sometimes hours finishing just one page of a book, but I think the time spent is worth it rather than trying to mass produce it.

Posted by
ventdevie
Jan 10, 2010 11:14am PDT
ventdevie