Book Design and Imaging

Locked Re-Lock flowing text box after resizing

So, if I’m reading the postings here correctly – it’s awesome that you can resize your flowing text boxes, but if you do you loose the flowing text ability?  That does me no good.  I am using a text layout with a header and footer and two columns.  8.5 × 11 landscape.  There is alot of white space and the book is too long so I want to just make the text boxes a skootch bigger.  Any ideas?

Posted by
Shehi_3
Nov 14, 2009 8:13pm PDT
Shehi_3

This seems to be a mega fail in Booksmart. I also am trying to get text to flow between boxes on a page. I read numerous posts like this and the only replies from Blurb are defensive and tetchy to the point of rudeness. Simple function, major shortcoming, it would appear.

Posted by
easonmedia
May 10, 2011 9:34am PDT
easonmedia

I have only done one book with this feature and likewise wanted to change the flowing text boxes.  I recall that to overcome any problems problems, I copied the text to the clipboard (and to be safe into another appl’n like word and saved it in case something crashed), re did my flowing text boxes then pasted the text into the new flowing text boxes – a pain but it is simple.

Posted by
pvann
May 10, 2011 3:45pm PDT
pvann

This is exactly the same problem I am having and it’s a ‘deal breaker’ to using the software.  Still lookingin the forum for advice.

Posted by
Maplehawk
Jul 11, 2011 7:38am PDT
Maplehawk