Book Design and Imaging

No photos in "My Photos"

Hi all. I’m working on a book and I’ve been using photos from Iphoto. Everything worked fine and dandy but then I went into Iphoto to tweak the color of some photos and when I reopened booksmart. All my photo thumbnails are gone in the “My Photos” section. When I go to the filter tab, I’m unable to access the iphoto library. Iphoto works fine and all my photos are still there in the layout in BookSmart. Has anyone else encountered this? Any solutions?

Also I have to open and close booksmart for it to ask if I want to reference the newer modified photo but it only does it one at a time. By that I mean, open, it asks if i want to reference the modified photo, I say yes. Then I have to close the program and open it again before it asks if I want to reference another changed photo. I made changes to forty or so pictures so this could be time consuming.

I’d love any advice from anyone who may have had experience with this.

Thanks.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
blaqhole
Nov 24, 2009 3:51pm PDT
blaqhole

I have exactly the same two problems: 1) No photos from iPhoto show in My Photos and 2) modified photos won’t update unless I restart Booksmart (and this only updates one photo at a time!).

Help, anyone? This problem only appeared a while ago. I’m using Booksmart 2.9, Mac OS 10.6.4 and iPhoto ’08.

Posted by
heskey
Oct 1, 2010 4:14am PDT
heskey

I also have this problem, seem to have lost a heap of photos. I now only use photos that I also have stored on an external device, so they cannot disappear .

Posted by
petwise
Oct 5, 2010 2:45pm PDT
petwise

This happened to me recently as well. My iPhoto library reappeared once I had quit and restarted BookSmart once for each of the photos I had edited in iPhoto, so they would all reload.

Posted by
kerya
Oct 17, 2010 10:22pm PDT
kerya

Same for me i changed over 200 pictures in iphoto and had to open and close the program 200 times!!! I wish anyone of blurb would sort this out this is rediculous!

Posted by
jasperhall
Oct 24, 2010 6:04pm PDT
jasperhall

Ditto. My book seems to be intact but like others I decided to tweek a lot of pictures in iPhoto just before ordering my book. Now can’t see the iPhoto library and only way to get the revised pictures to update in my book is to constantly quit and restart BookSmart for each pic. Very frustrating!

Posted by
nvisima
Oct 31, 2010 10:14am PDT
nvisima

Oh no! So it is true!! I have just started doing the “restart-routine” but was hoping to find some handy trick in here – now it is back to restarting…

Posted by
dpshansen
Dec 5, 2010 8:42am PDT
dpshansen

Ditto to above – except now BookSmart is telling me I’ve modified photos that I haven’t touched! I’ve just started the ‘restart-routine’ and have no idea how many of my photos it will ask me to update… will it just be easier to make a new album from scratch??

Posted by
mfalster
Feb 21, 2011 1:38pm PDT
mfalster

Me again – in response to above, just upgraded to 2.9.5 and seems to have resolved the problem. Thanks Blurb!!

Posted by
mfalster
Feb 22, 2011 1:09am PDT
mfalster

I made 9 books on a PC and had NO problems at all with the Blurb/ Booksmart software! I LOVED it. 12 months ago I changed to a Mac. The first book I made in September 10, was fine- everything ran smoothly. Then came an upgrade. I struggled to produce a new book between October and February as I was having problems uploading photos- Blurbs technical staff helped, but the problem waas never solved completely- eventually I was able to publish the book. Now I have an urgent book to put together and whilst I managed to upload two lots of photos successfully, I have now been in a position for two days where I am unable to upload photos from iphoto. ( I have tried at least 12 times shutting Blurb down after each failed attempt) Not only that the software isn’t tagging the photos I have used so far. This is exactly what happened on the last book. I am seriously fed up-I was so happy with my books and have become quite adept at using the software, now I have a hobby that is causing me severe frustration. I cannot afford to go and buy a PC. There is obviously a problem with the software and it needs to be fixed.

Posted by
cobwebs01
Aug 26, 2011 11:25am PDT
cobwebs01

my photos have all disappeared from my library and the layout! This stinks. I was getting ready to review and purchase… Amy

Posted by
amybandolik
Sep 3, 2011 9:57pm PDT
amybandolik

Well, here it is two years later and the same crap is still going on.

Posted by
bigheadlulu
Sep 28, 2013 2:16pm PDT
bigheadlulu

Yeah. I still have the problem. Someone at least looked at the bug, because now Booksmart will fix TWO photos per relaunch. But it definitely has not been fixed. I evaluated other programs, but Booksmart really is the best for my needs despite its bugs so here I am again.

Posted by
kerya
Feb 3, 2014 10:37pm PDT
kerya