Book Design and Imaging

Line spacing

Can anyone advise me why, on my latest book, I have some strange line spacing? It’s a picture book, but there’s one page of introductory text, in three columns with one picture at the top of the middle and right columns. Just above the bottom of the left column, and slightly higher on the right column, there are two lines with a larger space above…like the line spacing has suddenly switched to 1.5. I don’t seem to be able to correct it. It was visible when I designed the book, but I assumed it was just an on-screen problem and would be ok in printing. It wasn’t.
Can anyone help?
Richard

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
alpraphoto
Mar 4, 2010 1:03am PDT
alpraphoto

I’ve noticed that too once in a while. What I do is the following: I put the cursor behind the last (good) line and type the following line again and then delete the one below. Most of the time it will be correct then.

Don’t know what causes it. Even if I set the text in my worddoc in the right font and size and copy that, it will mess all up when it’s pasted in the book and sometimes a text will not center vertically, because it appears there are still some invisible hard returns below the text.

Hope it helps.

Posted by
Titia
Mar 4, 2010 11:41am PDT
Titia