Book Design and Imaging

Extra pages appearing, can't get rid of them

Hello,
My wife and I are making a huge book to put together our trip around the world we did last year. We’re finally done, but we are having a super frustrating problem. When we put a few 2 page spreads (4 in total), we now have 7 empty pages that we cannot delete, but we don’t have pictures to put there. We push delete but they don’t go away! How can we get rid of them?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jonathanu
Apr 19, 2011 8:50pm PDT
jonathanu

Hi jonathanu,

Those blank pages are there because you have locked spreads. This, combined with the need for all books to contain an even number of pages, is what is causing the page to stick (if you removed a single page it would be an odd number of pages so BookSmart prevents this). 

To remove these pages you’ll have to either remove two at a time or unlock your spreads then remove the pages.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Apr 20, 2011 8:24am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Craig, after the cover, then shouldn’t it start with the spread? I still have single pages appearing…at the front and back ends of my spreads… i have soft cover.  I just don’t want printing on the ifc and ibc. These darn single page appearing at the end, very confusing… should have a help topic on this in the program, it is really driving me crazy. I took off the locked spreads…

Posted by
fourweex
Aug 19, 2011 1:45pm PDT
fourweex

I agree.  You really need to spell this out in your FAQ’s.  I just spent forty-five minutes trying to solve this problem and had to go to Google to find this answer.  Major bummer.  Enough to send me over to Shutterfly.

Posted by
Vatapa
Sep 8, 2011 6:59pm PDT
Vatapa