Book Design and Imaging

Using nikSharpener Pro 3.0 what settings

I have searched for an answer to my question but cannot seem to find one. Is there anyone using this software for sharpening images prior to ordering a Blurb book? If, so then I would appreciate if they could tell me the best settings to use. I know it has been suggested that Blurb books are cheap and that I should just try a test book (which I will) but I do not want to waste my money if I can avoid it. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards Colin

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
CKAJCA
Apr 21, 2011 9:06am PDT
CKAJCA

Colin, I want to know the answer to this question too!!!!!!! I have sent emails to joe and to customer support but still no answer….did you ever find out?

Someone out there must know the answer to using Sharpener Pro 3.0….
ie. type of printer? inkjet, continuous tone, halftone, or hybrid
and what resolution – 150,200,300,400,500?

Posted by
cmundy33
Jun 3, 2011 12:03pm PDT
cmundy33

A search of the forums would have lead you both to this post, maybe the information you are after can be found here? There are quite a few other posts on this topic so spending some time searching the forums may provide some help.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 3, 2011 2:29pm PDT
tfrankland

Hi Colin,

Straight from the horse’s mouth as it were …I posed the same question  after a Nik webinar and the presenter spent some time with it . The settings are (with the output sharpener module)

Output sharpening : Halftone

Viewing distance : Auto

Paper type :Coated

Printer resolution: 175 LPI 

After that,  if the spirit moves you  , you can do your own "creative shapening" but don’t go beyond 100 % .

Hope this helps !

Cheers,

Dick

Posted by
PublishJunky
Jun 5, 2011 9:31am PDT
PublishJunky

Anyone tried the above settings allready?

Posted by
afewimages
Oct 10, 2011 1:05pm PDT
afewimages

Hi I just received my book, 30X30 cm, printed on Pro pearl paper. I used the settings above but with a less sharpening of 70%. I did a pre sharpening in LR using the preset for faces (it was a wedding). NO sharpening in the camera! For the large prints in the book this works well. For the smaller ones i recommend to use no (after)sharpening but do presharpening  the images.

Hope this helpes

Posted by
afewimages
Oct 21, 2011 12:16pm PDT
afewimages