Book Design and Imaging

Photoshopped Pics Not Showing Through

I made some edits to pictures using photoshop layers (hue, levels, etc). Then saved as a jpeg into iphoto. These few shots are not transferring into blurb—it shows as a blank page when it loads. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jrabthearab
Oct 27, 2007 10:30am PDT
jrabthearab

Did you do a "save as" jpeg or "save for web"?

Posted by
Zethril
Oct 27, 2007 4:56pm PDT
Zethril

Did you flatten the layers before saving?  If not, and you had one of your adjustment layers slected, then it could be that is whay you will have saved as a jpeg.

As a double check, does the newly save jpeg open okay in Photoshop?

Steve. 

Posted by
S_Street
Oct 28, 2007 2:12am PDT
S_Street

No to both. I am new to photoshop and was just playing around. And, you are right, I cannot open in photoshop—it says no correct jpeg marker. I may just start over with new copy of picture. Thanks.

Posted by
jrabthearab
Oct 28, 2007 5:48am PDT
jrabthearab

No offense but layers are a little irrelevant since Photoshop will not save as a jpeg if the image has layers, the only option for saving a jpeg with layers is JPEG 2000. You can, however, save for web if the image has layers. Photoshop will simply flatten the image automatically when doing a save for web.

I asked earlier about which way the image was saved spcifically because you want to use "save as JPEG" for printing and not "save for web".

Posted by
Zethril
Oct 28, 2007 9:32am PDT
Zethril

HEy jrabthearab

don’t feel bad I did the same thing…I asked the forum and and the advice I got was to flatten the pic them save it as JPEG.
Note that once you flatten a pic you can’t go back an edit it. So save a PSD. copy and then open it, flatten the pic and select "Save as copy" to jpeg. That way you have the PSd. to edit at a later date.
Keep smiling

Posted by
pictureme
Oct 28, 2007 9:32am PDT
pictureme

hey take a look at this conversation is may help

http://forums.blurb.com/forums/1/topics/912#posts-4259

keep smiling

Posted by
pictureme
Oct 28, 2007 7:49pm PDT
pictureme

Thanks for the help pictureme.  And the discussion on your link was helpful as well.

Posted by
jrabthearab
Oct 29, 2007 8:32am PDT
jrabthearab