Book Design and Imaging

Blank Pages Will they get printed in my final book?

Somehow I skipped some pages I want to delete them but i’m not sure how? If i leave them will they get printed in my final copy? I read someone it may not let me delete because my layout i locked? i didn’t know i locked it in thefirst place but now that it is how do i "unlock" to delete the blank pages? please help?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
kmag2011
May 23, 2011 5:18pm PDT
kmag2011

Yes, the blank pages will print. You may have locked the pgs accidently. Click on Format – Page Lock Options – Unlock All Spreads. Try this, then try deleting a blank pg. If you have two pgs that you want locked, you will have to change them back individually.

Posted by
loricherokee
May 24, 2011 2:45pm PDT
loricherokee

Thank you for this tip…i will try it.

Posted by
kmag2011
May 25, 2011 3:40pm PDT
kmag2011

i don’t see format as an option? where is it?

Posted by
kmag2011
May 25, 2011 3:42pm PDT
kmag2011

It’s one of the menu items along the top left of the BookSmart window.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 26, 2011 12:21am PDT
tfrankland

I have pages labeled “Blank Layout” that I cannot delete, even after unlocking format. How do I get rid of them?

Posted by
jdugar
Oct 12, 2011 11:27am PDT
jdugar

Hi!

the same question!

Please answer. Thanks

Posted by
aparazzo
Nov 9, 2011 4:27pm PDT
aparazzo

Me too : ( I’ve tried the unlock and remove page and all other obvious buttons. Has anyone managed to sort this yet?

Posted by
gorriew
Nov 18, 2011 2:44pm PDT
gorriew

I can’t delete my blank pages either. I’ve tried unlocking format and they still don’t budge. PLEASE SOMEONE FROM BLURB Heaven needs to address this issue.

Also, any help with moving pages around? I know it can be done but, haven’t clicked the correct thing.

Posted by
isabella12
Dec 1, 2011 10:27am PDT
isabella12

If you want to get some help from a Blurb staffer you need to contact Blub Customer Support, the forums are very much aimed at users helping each other not as a prime route to Blurb staff (though they do chime in from time to time).

If you are not sure how go to the Help menu, select Customer Support and from there select the Contact Support tab. 

To move pages make sure you are in Edit Book mode (check the buttons at the bottom right of the BookSmart window) then simply drag the page thumbnails you see along the bottom strip to where you’d want the pages placed.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Dec 1, 2011 12:01pm PDT
tfrankland