Book Design and Imaging

sorting photos in booksmart driving me nuts

hi all
please help this is driving me nuts
how do i import into ‘my photos’ in booksmart only the photos that I want to work with ?

booksmart seems by default to import everything single pic that I have in iphoto ( over 1000) and really i just want to import a specific folder of images that are ready for my particular book.
manual sort does not seem to work
please help!!
thanks

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ralphy43
May 24, 2011 12:02pm PDT
ralphy43

I’m new at this. Still putting my Book together.

If you open up booksmart, then open up your folder that has the photos/images in, you can drag & drop your image into the space. I find it easier this way than filling up the left hand space with 1000s of images. It’s easy to delete that photo off of the page by right clicking and chooseing. Or just drop another image on top of that image.

Hope this has helped you.

Dennis

Posted by
copernob
Jun 3, 2011 2:05pm PDT
copernob

Booksmart imports all of your iphoto images in automatically and you can’t delete them. The way around this is to use the filters in booksmart to select only the new images that have been added to iphoto.

Posted by
kazzacx
Jun 4, 2011 8:52am PDT
kazzacx

ok yep sorted it now thanks v much

Posted by
ralphy43
Jun 6, 2011 10:25am PDT
ralphy43

Love the product but this is a horrible / unworkable solution.
There are times when I do NOT want software to think for me and this is one such time.
I want to be able to to say: “Here is my folder of images, and for this book this is the only set of images I want to use.” If I take the time to edit my pictures, I do not want to have the clutter of my other found photos in the selection. Please fix this! I recently changed book sizes and had such a selection. After the change all photos not in the project were shown. Very frustrating!

Posted by
MarkCharb
Oct 29, 2011 7:36am PDT
MarkCharb

OK! Redemption Time! Blurb just released the Lightroom Plugin for Book Smart. I will need to test this out but if it keeps my collections and displays only my collection we may have a winner!.

Posted by
MarkCharb
Oct 31, 2011 3:51am PDT
MarkCharb