Book Printing

Lay flat option- when commeth? :)

Dear Blurb,

I would like to know whether a lay flat option for the proline papers will be available soon? I recently got two uncoated 160 page books done and the binding is rather tight. I would love to have a lay flat option or even just a less tight binding for my next book and I am leaning towards using the uncoated paper again due to wanting to include some illustrations.. I can wait a while but not too long.. :)

Thanks

Jo

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
kittykat23uk
Jun 28, 2011 12:15pm PDT
kittykat23uk

I’d like to know when this option will be available too.

Posted by
photojed
Jul 9, 2011 11:08am PDT
photojed

Me too! Are lay-flat books coming? I love the KISS wedding books that range from 4×4″ to 12×12″ but am not a professional photographer so I can’t order…hoping Blurb will come out with it soon!

Posted by
breness
Nov 2, 2012 8:38pm PDT
breness

I am a strong advocate of Blurb books – I like your tools and and I teach tutorials on book making in my photography group – I think you have a great combination of image quality, paper, binding, and price – But several friends are now making coffee table books with the My Publisher lay flat binding that are making me consider a change of publishers – can you give any hint on when lay flat binding will be available?

Posted by
chuckwill
Mar 6, 2013 2:44pm PDT
chuckwill

I am new here and seeing you don’t have the layflat option, I won’t stick around for now :) Hopefully you will be getting it in near future and attract me back as I scrap all the time and already use other companies.

Posted by
BE0307C6
Apr 20, 2013 12:49pm PDT
BE0307C6

Lay flat binding would be a nice option.  However, I looked at My Publisher, and was not impressed by  their software, nor by their pricing.  They offer discounts on the base pricing, but charge up to $1.99 per additional page beyond the first 20 pages.  A book I am working on that would cost about $60 from Blurb would cost about $140 from My Publisher (with their current discount on the base price), and that is without the additional cost of Lay Flat. The software was, to me, not intuitive, and when I tried to uninstall it from my Windows 7 laptop I had to jump though all sorts of hoops.  Their software does not appear in the "Uninstall or change a program" window in Control Panel, so it cannot be removed in the normal fashion.  I had to search online for instructions to uninstall, which I finally found posted by a person who had to pester My Publisher in order to get them.

Posted by
Pknight11
Apr 22, 2013 8:13am PDT
Pknight11

Still no lay flat option? We’ve been asking for years! Blurb used to reply with “stay tuned!” Now they just don’t respond anymore. So frustrating!

Posted by
photojed
Jun 20, 2013 9:21am PDT
photojed