Book Printing

2 questions from a first time user involving Hipstamatic photos

Ok so I’m using Book Smart and I’m making a photo book with all of my iPhone Hipstamatic photos.

1. I see people have made Hipstamatic books here before. From your experience, how much of the Hipstamatic photo frames/borders get cut off on a full bleed? I’m doing several full page photos, and I’d hate to see the borders get trimmed, but at the same time I’d hate to give up full page bleed. I was considering making the frame a little larger in photoshop to avoid losing much. Even to those not using Hipstamatic, how close to the dotted trim line does it actually cut?

2. On a image wrap cover I increased the size of my Hipstamatic so you don’t see the picture frame/border. Will the wrapped image only use what you see on the screen, or will the edges that I expanded off the page be wrapped around to the inside of the cover? I don’t want to see the border on the cover.

thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
fantoboy
Aug 15, 2011 6:52am PDT
fantoboy

Hi all,
I made an application where you can quickly preview the results that you can get in different sample situations (exteriors, interiors, etc) *by matching subjects, lenses and films.
It helps the users to learn all their properties quickly and with fun.
The name is Hipstamatch, I welcome any feedback.
Mario

Posted by
hipstamatch
Feb 10, 2012 9:07am PDT
hipstamatch

I got my first ever Blurb book on Thursday (It is fantastic – even after getting exponentially more excited day after day and raising my expectations, it still exceeded them by a mile.)

It is a hard cover, imagewrap premium lustre 8×10 120 page. The printer cut very close to the trim guidelines – I’d say maybe even removing more of the page then the guidelines.

For my book, I left plenty of space, and I think if more of the page was left it would have been too much space – but if you are putting an important part of the image near the border, I would be very cautious.

Posted by
michaelresk
Feb 10, 2012 8:49pm PDT
michaelresk

Blurb tell me the images are too small.. how do I overcome this?

Posted by
lynnmc
Feb 11, 2012 4:09pm PDT
lynnmc