Book Printing

My 1st personal book received

I just recived my first own book.

It took some 10 days from order to arrival (some 6 from dispatch from the Netherlands) to me here in Slovakia.

My expectations were high, and the photobook met them without any reservations – paper, binding, everything!

I do hope my next books will keep this standard.

Jan

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jan.rendek
Nov 8, 2007 6:06am PDT
jan.rendek

I too received my first book today. It took 13 days to get to me – but I guess that’s what you expect when you live in New Zealand! I was rapt.

I am impressed with the overall quality including binding and printing. I am no whiz in photoshop, and in fact I don’t even have photoshop. I just used the software that came with my printer and my pics look about the same as I would expect :o)

I would encourage everyone to give this a go! It’s hugely rewarding and you don’t need to be a fabulous photographer or graphic designer to produce a book that is a credit to you and that will thrill your friends and family.

The only thing I would say, is that you need to proof it really well and make sure that all the cover and spine text is as you want it to be. I have two small changes with my book (one typo – ARRRRGGHH!!! and one spine change) and will then have several more copies made.

So if you haven’t BLURBed before, I highly recommend you give it a go.

Tinz in Takapuna, New Zealand x

Posted by
tinzaroo
Nov 13, 2007 12:56am PDT
tinzaroo