Book Printing

Premium Lustre vs Proline Pearl

I am choosing between Premium Lustre and Proline Pearl for a photo book. I understand that the Proline paper is heavier but which of these papers is physically more flexible i.e. will allow the book to bend more and lay open more readily?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ddriman
Jan 15, 2012 7:53pm PDT
ddriman

you should look at the posting for proline pearl vs premium matte for pictures of books lying next to each other. it helped me decide. I currently own 2 books both with premium lustre paper which I love.  One is my wedding album with about 160 pages and the other is an 8 by 10 with about 235 pages.  I love the quality of both so its hard deciding whether proline pearl is worth it or not. 

Posted by
melissakreso
Mar 30, 2012 12:25pm PDT
melissakreso

If that is your only criterion, go with the Premium Lustre.

Posted by
Maharg
Mar 31, 2012 3:21pm PDT
Maharg

Did you ever decide on what paper you were going to get?  I am having the same issue.  Just concerned w/all of the postings about how the Pearl came out with darker images then they wanted.  My book is mostly of faces (of my daughter who is 2)

Posted by
Booches
Jan 20, 2013 10:34am PDT
Booches

I have used premium lustre in the past on all of my books.  I made the mistake of switching to Proline uncoated.  I see now I could have asked for a swatch, that probably would have helped me decide not to use it.  It’s my fault that I guess I didn’t understand that proline uncoated was the upgrade to premium matte and proline pearl is the upgrade to premium lustre, essentially matte vs shiny.  I do not like matte pages, nor did the person I made the book for so in reality, for us at least, the premium lustre is far more superior to proline uncoated but then it’s comparing apples to oranges I guess.  I can’t say how the proline pearl is because I haven’t ordered that but I can say that the premium lustre is great at is.  All depends on whether you want to spend the extra money and depending on the size of your book it could very well be a considerable difference.

Posted by
DemoPro
Sep 20, 2013 7:56am PDT
DemoPro