Book Printing

Very Large Book on Standard Paper vs. Split in to 2 Books on Proline Paper?

Hi all,

It’s my first time printing a Blurb book and I’d welcome your feedback.

I have a book nearly ready to print, and it’s sitting at 404 pages, of mixed photos and text (containing a diary and photos of our honeymoon a few years ago – has taken me that long to finish it!).

I’m not a pro by any stretch of the imagination, but when I ordered the swatch kit I did enjoy the feel of the Proline and premium papers more than the standard.

So my question is – should I keep the book all together and just print it on standard paper, or should I split it in to two so I can use the Proline paper – probably the Proline Pearl?

I know this is a really subjective question, but I’d welcome feedback from anyone who has printed books already. While the swatch kit was great, I still can’t quite decide – and with it being this size I can’t afford to get it wrong!

Thanks in advance…!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Sparkle_09
Feb 23, 2012 8:00pm PDT
Sparkle_09

A friend of mine has split a book into two and have regreted ever since. One book will always be something more special even if it is printed on a standard paper. Which is not too bad, I have tested myself before. And you will safe a lot of money as well! Be brave and go for image wrap. Good luck xxx

Posted by
clipey
Mar 6, 2012 5:25am PDT
clipey

Hey thanks very much, I really appreciate your advice! I did think it would be better (you’re right – more special too) that way but I could have coped with Honeymoon Volumes 1 and 2 if popular opinion was that the better paper would be worth it :-)

I think that I will go for the single book. Thanks again!

Cheers :-)

Posted by
Sparkle_09
Mar 12, 2012 8:44pm PDT
Sparkle_09

You don’t mention the size of the book but first I will say that a 400+ page book will be "big" and heavy. I recently did a 240 page 13 x11 with premium paper (Proline Pearl) hard cover and the paper is wonderful but it’s also very heavy (about 5 lbs). Doing a photo book I would always choose the Premium paper. However it is more expensive but for me worth that extra cost.

Posted by
wparks
Mar 21, 2012 7:47am PDT
wparks