Book Printing

Why pic appears over sharpened after import

The picture looks very good when view in Adobe Bridge or CS5. Its not pixelated at all. But when I import into Smart Book, it looks overly sharpened and pixelated.

I have many other photos that already imported into the Book and didn’t face the problem of above. But only one particular photo has above problem.

Why?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
novetan
Apr 2, 2012 9:15am PDT
novetan

I have asked this same question time after time but have never had a satisfactory answer to the problem. Good luck with this question.

Like you my images look great on monitor in PSCS5 or any other program. Looks Brilliant in A3 size print. But the moment I upload and preview the book, quite a few look oversharp and pixelated. Also All books I have had have been Very Good except for the odd image that looks slighly oversharp.

I find that when people look at the preview online they get put off by seeing the oversharpness.

I don’t get that problem on Flickr or Zenfolio or anywhere else with same images. So I find it rather strange that it happens on Blurb.

By the way, we not the only ones who see this problem.

Posted by
copernob
Jul 7, 2012 6:22am PDT
copernob

I was concerned about this as well with the first book I edited but the printed version looks fine and is not oversharpened.  Most of the images I import are sized at 11 X 14 @ 240 ppi and I only find them oversharpened in the printed version if they are a smaller image printed in the book…like on the book cover flaps.  If you are concered about the oversharpening maybe edit a small book with various sized images just as a test to check the quality.  This is what I do for each book I make and upload.  I’m on my fourth one now and have sold close to 300 copies of the first three and never had a complaint from any of my customers.     

Posted by
DuaneN
Jul 8, 2012 1:16am PDT
DuaneN