Book Printing

Missed the deadline. Think I have a shot?

I worked so hard to finish my book (a gift for my Toddler’s grandparents about her first year) by Wednesday night, but I didn’t make it.  I ordered yesterday morning (dec 13) and chose overnight shipping.

The website says the expected ship date is December 21, which gets me my books on December 22.  The only problem is, we’re leaving for the weekend to spend with our family on Friday, December 21, and wanted the books then.

Anyone know if Blurb ever beats the deadline for shipping that is posted on your order, or am I out of luck?  I really hope I didn’t pay $50 for overnight shipping for now reason.

My mom and grandmother are going to love this, I just hope I didn’t screw it up by waiting to long.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
CRR3143
Dec 14, 2007 1:46pm PDT
CRR3143

Hi there, we’re going to keep cranking orders out but we have to give priority to folks that got in before the deadline. Also, if your books ship on 12/21 you should get them on 12/24 as NextDayAIr does not include Saturday delivery.
Keep your fingers crossed and we’ll keep the presses running right up to the last minute!
Best,
—bw

Posted by
bruce
Dec 14, 2007 4:43pm PDT
bruce Icon_staff

Thanks!

22nd or 24th doesn’t really make a difference.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed.  Even if I don’t get them when I want, I’m still very much looking forward to seeing them.  Thanks for your response. 

Posted by
CRR3143
Dec 14, 2007 4:48pm PDT
CRR3143

Every book I have ordered has shipped before the estimated date, but of course, that wasn’t during the rush of Christmas, so I wouldn’t necessarily expect that. We can always hope though!

Posted by
drupnow
Dec 14, 2007 6:49pm PDT
drupnow

ya good luck with that.  I ordered the overnite and it should have shipped yesterday.  Now its Friday night and the chances of me getting it before I head out of town is out of the question.  Alot of good it does to pay the extra amount to get it on time.  My update page says blub is still "processing" so I guess it hasn’t even left the printers yet.

Posted by
JAGCreations
Dec 14, 2007 7:45pm PDT
JAGCreations

I placed my order on Nov 29, 2007 and the estimated shipping date is Dec 7, 2007.  Today is Dec 16 and it’s STILL processing. 

Keep your fingers crossed!  Good Luck!

Posted by
Gimme5
Dec 15, 2007 5:59pm PDT
Gimme5

A Christmas miricle perhaps? But, I wouldn’t put too much effort into hoping for it. I ordered my book dec. 2 and it’s still in the "processing" stage even though it should have shipped the 10th.

man! $50 for overnight!?yikes.

Posted by
ambychelle
Dec 15, 2007 7:44pm PDT
ambychelle

Check out this blog entry on the topic. Note the PDF certificate option.

Posted by
trainjunkie
Dec 17, 2007 10:48am PDT
trainjunkie

Oh, I’m so excited!! It looks like my books just shipped!!  So hopefully, I’ll get them before I leave on Friday.  Whoo Hoo!  Way to go, Blurb!

Trainjunkie:  Thanks for the link to the PDF certificate.  I’ll keep that in mind, just in case.

To everyone else: Good luck!

Posted by
CRR3143
Dec 19, 2007 7:03pm PDT
CRR3143

I just got my books (after UPS screwed up the overnight delivery) and they look great!  Thanks, Blurb, for getting them out early and looking great.  My mom and grandmother are going to love these!

Posted by
CRR3143
Dec 21, 2007 12:32pm PDT
CRR3143