Book Printing

Books arrived, mostly happy

Not sure if I should go to customer service about this or not as I’m not sure if it’s my fault or printing.

Anyway, first, the reason I’m not sure. I designed my cover through photoshop, not going too nuts, but taking a photo and putting the words on it etc. to give it my own feel. The bottom of the cover—which says Photography by me (my name) is cut off a little on a hardcover and basically in half on softcovers.

When I uploaded to the program and then even looking at it now in my store (I don’t have it public yet as I am giving it as a christmas gift and don’t want anyone to see them until then), the name is fine and it’s off the bottom as I designed it. It’s not right on the bottom, it’s a good inch or so up. However, the book doesn’t look the same. Is this my fault or a printing thing? Should I contact customer service?

As for the rest of the book… awesome. It’s the third book I ordered via blurb and I’m very happy. The colors look good and the photos are sharp. The binding seems good (at least on the hardcover … haven’t really got too deep in the softcovers, but they seem fine). Everything is there and looks nice. Overall, a good job, just not sure what to do with the cover etc. 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
softball29
Dec 21, 2007 12:35am PDT
softball29

Anyone help?

Posted by
softball29
Dec 21, 2007 1:02pm PDT
softball29

i think it’s a printing issue. if it’s an entire inch up, even if you designed it using booksmart, it would have been cut off. i’d contact customer service and provide them pictures of the books…. they can look at what you uploaded and tell you if it’s a printing/cutting error or not.

Posted by
ambychelle
Dec 21, 2007 4:28pm PDT
ambychelle