Book Printing

What wrong with page connecting ?

First – sorry about my english

I have big problem with  quality of books what I recive from blurb.From 9 books what I order ( not in the same  time, difrent time , and photos , hard cover , chose the biggest book.  120-180  pages)  5 have   some quality problems with connecting pages. look on the  image -   blurb

I am from Poland , and  all off  books are make here in Europ. I am really sad and scary, beacouse I  was ready to make in this year big step  to weeding and other books for my clients and now when I look on this problem  I don’t know what  future will be with that ;/  Yes Blurb  send to me new book but this is a wery long time  + 14 days. and 1 time  blurb must  send 3 time this same book with  same problem :(   Maybe is time to make  bigger attention about  quality?  Help me!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
dan179
Jan 16, 2008 3:29am PDT
dan179

I have had the same problem, also with 13×11 books printed in Europe. My books had the same problem I can see in your picture. I ordered 4 books first off, and only 1 did not have an obvious issue like this. Blurb replaced the three of them and they still have some minor issues. I’m satisfied and haven’t asked for replacements, but I don’t think they will hold up in the long run. I too was thinking about making books semi-comercially or at least for friends, but feel I can’t with the product as it is. That said, I have now bought 3 8×10 books, and the binding has always been fine. Nice though the larger books are, I’m not sure I trust them but would continue ordering the smaller sized books.

Posted by
jennyb82
Jan 17, 2008 7:23am PDT
jennyb82

Sorry for the delay in response folks. We’ve been in close contact with our European print partner regarding this issue and are planning some short term and long term options to create a more robust bind on higher page count books. The primary issue is working with coated color cut sheets that are required with on-demand print solutions. Please rest assured that we will indeed take care of any books that have defects in workmanship and I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
Best,
—bw

Posted by
bruce
Jan 17, 2008 9:51am PDT
bruce Icon_staff

it is as if I am looking at my book and the 2 books my friend ordered. All printed in europe, all falling apart after looking through them 2 times. BAD BAD BAD quality binding. If the printer in Europe is such a troublesome company, PLEASE get me an american printed book, preferably with sewn binding. I paid $144 to get my book and end up with a lot of time loss and a reprint from the same european printer.

It will come next week. PLEASE let it be good????

Frances 

Posted by
fschling
Jan 24, 2008 11:53am PDT
fschling

Today I recive same  book  and I am thirled again ;/ Now  inside the book  page go out :(( Where is the problem? That company in Europe don’t know what they do ???

Posted by
dan179
Jan 25, 2008 3:08am PDT
dan179

At this moment a friend and I  have 3 books in reprint. All having to do with pages falling out. Took a very long time to make the books and now all is falling apart. Could you please make a sewn binding? I had to take the book out of Blurb bookstore. Can not have pages flying in every direction can we?  And what about these white gaps between pages?  These gaps, breaking a two paged picture into two and turning it all into a ruin. When will this problem be solved? When will this European printer do its job properly? Can I have my books printed in US and have a better result?

I spent a lot of money. All I got in return is a major disappointment. Maybe articles need to be written in order to let more poeple know about this problem.

Will one reprint do the job for these 3 books? Wil there be more reprints needed?

I fear for the worst. 

Posted by
gerlach
Jan 25, 2008 4:40am PDT
gerlach

I too have had some book issues and needed reprinting, mainly 1 had a page missing and the others had marks in the black pages, (Our books are 8×10 – 120+pages, no real binding issues) Blurb were great with providing a reprint service. 

What I hope is that this binding issues soon becomes solved as we are about to embark on a project that will see us order 150-600 books, of 160pages!

Posted by
digitalr
Jan 25, 2008 5:10am PDT
digitalr

Hey people help me :(  I don’ t know what to doo :(  Today I recive 3 times  ( yes 3 times this same book) and now  is the same problem with bleading ;./   First book  page  go out, second time  this same problem , and now is third time and i have THE SaME  problem ;/   all book are make in Europe …  In US is this problem is? or not? Hey admin please help me I don’t know what Too do. What I can say to my clients ? Wait 2 month for maybe good book? :(

Posted by
dan179
Feb 4, 2008 2:57am PDT
dan179

Hello

I see that al the people here have the same problem but they are all from Europe. I will like to know if people from the US are experiencing the same kind of problem with the pages falling out. And is 120 pages for a hard cover book to much is their more chance of loosing pages?

Thank

Posted by
ricolevy
Feb 4, 2008 8:34am PDT
ricolevy