Book Printing

Locked Ridiculous

I just got my Blurb hardcover 8*10 book and the quality is ridiculous…-ly GOOD. My coworkers and I are stunned at the printing as well as binding quality. It rivals any good coffee table book in a bookstore. Some people were complaining on these forums at the paper being used- but the book I got had thick paper and the text and photos are crisp (infact on my peers commented how the colors were popping out).

Great job Blurb- I am now a believer and will be making/ ordering more books in the coming weeks.

May the ink be with you…

Posted by
shniks
Jan 28, 2008 2:43pm PDT
shniks

...and your pictures look ridiculously fantastic. The cover is outstanding

Keep smiling

Posted by
pictureme
Jan 28, 2008 8:36pm PDT
pictureme

You are so tricky shniks..thanks for posting :-).
Best,
—bw

Posted by
bruce
Jan 29, 2008 2:52pm PDT
bruce Icon_staff

TotalIy satisfied, too!

I had my first Blurb book in my hands within a week of the day I published and ordered it! The quality was great, printing and production was quick and of good quailty, shipping fast and convinient, I’m totally satisfied! I’m waiting for my second Blurb book, should be arriving any minute!

Thank you Blurb, great job!!!!

:-) Zoe

Posted by
grrrlie4
Feb 14, 2008 6:51am PDT
grrrlie4

Ok guys… I got my second Blurb book this morning and the quality is Insanely good again. I LOVE blurb. I can’t believe the quality- it is superb.

Bruce, is there any way to select this printer as my preferred printer. So let’s say I move to another city later on, I am okay with having this printer send my book a little late as long as he prints it.

Please thank this printer from my side. Amazing, amazing, amazing…

Posted by
shniks
Mar 4, 2008 9:15am PDT
shniks

Hi shniks, we don’t create preferred printers specific to accounts because we need to stay flexible as our demand grows. So we generally optimize for best shipping options as a first guideline then adapt to specific products as needed or to load-balance throughout our network. Our goal is to keep the differences between our print partners as minimal as possible so no matter where your book is produced it should look materially the same.

Best,

—bw

Posted by
bruce
Mar 4, 2008 9:46am PDT
bruce Icon_staff

Hello! I just wanted to throw in my two cents again (gosh, I must be up near a dollar by now) – I received my copy of my second Blurb book yesterday and again am utterly amazed by its quality. This considering that I was fully expecting a less-than-perfect product since the book was composed of scans of 10-20 years old prints that were not of the very highest quality to begin with. I cannot speak highly enough of Blurb in general; I find the software to be extremely user-friendly (not that some improvements can’t be made, particularly to text features, but for a free program, come on), and the bookmaking process in general to be very intuitive. I have never had to calibrate my monitor, soft-proof a book to a home printer, etc. to come away with printed products that are of astounding quality. Thanks for another great experience, Blurb!

Posted by
hooloovoos
Mar 12, 2008 7:32am PDT
hooloovoos

hmmm! Just got my 7 by 7 books yesterday and I had the opposite reaction. Photos were not good-all looked like they had a grid pattern, sort of like a linen finish on them, color was weak, paper was kind of thin. I was expecting maybe a 100# text at least, but I guess they print on 80# text which is alright, but not great. I also wish the paper was glossy; I guess they use semi-matte finish. I looked at the images in photoshop and they look beautiful. I have contacted Blurb to see what can be done about this, but mama ain’t happy!! Couple of pages are cut off crooked and you can see the white trim marks against the full bleed picture. The cloth covers was scuffed and had glue on one of the books. I hope Blurb can make this right. I was very disappointed. By reading through couple of these forum, I see a pattern of inconsistency when it comes to quality.
Nadia

Posted by
NadiasStudio
Mar 13, 2008 8:40am PDT
NadiasStudio