Book Printing

My Amazing Book

I received my first book today.  It is absolutely amazing.  The quality is perfect.  Binding perfect, trim is perfect, the cover is GORGEOUS.  My co-workers are stunned by how beautiful the photographs are.  Thank you Blurb!  Some details:  13×11 hard cover, 80 pages (56 of which are 2-page spreads).  I used Robin’s method for making 2 page spreads and EVERY ONE of them matches exactly.  This is absolutely a bookstore quality coffee table book.  I have a mix of B&W and color, all dead on to what I wanted.  I prepared all pages in Photoshop including sharpening, and then loaded each page into the full bleed single picture booksmart template.  Looking through the book for the first time my hands were shaking trying to turn the pages.  I cannot say enough good about this book, I am officially hooked!  I will post some pictures of the spreads this evening.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
martyallen2
Feb 14, 2008 9:02am PDT
martyallen2

I am just about to launch into doing my layout in Photoshop (primarily to have more control over type). I have read that saving in the .PNG format may be a teeny better than JPG. Which did you use? Also, can you comment on how your type looks? And, since the bleed appears to be INCLUDED in the live area, did any of your full bleed photos trim oddly?
You mention “Robin’s method.” Can you reference that? THANKS. Glad to read some news of a happy customer. That’s what I want to be!

Posted by
rosie
Feb 20, 2008 9:55am PDT
rosie

Rosie,

As for your question on where to find information about Robin’s, have a look at this link below:

http://forums.blurb.com/forums/4/topics/2042

Hope that helps.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Feb 21, 2008 10:56am PDT
brianbonitz

I am glad to hear that Robin’s page spread technique is good. I am hoping to use it in my next book

Posted by
dennysb
Feb 21, 2008 1:42pm PDT
dennysb

I too received my first book about one month ago (hardcover, 13×11, 30 pages), it was for my daughter, pictures of her and her "Forever Pony".  I was thrilled with it as was she.  She took it to school, to work and to the barn.  When she showed her Spanish teacher (who also loves horses) she apparently started to cry and had the whole class up to look at it.  I’ve just ordered another book (hardcover, 10×8, 80 pages) and am looking forward to receiving it, hoping it will be of the same beautiful quality my first one was. 

Posted by
Downer
Mar 5, 2008 12:16pm PDT
Downer