Book Printing

Locked Anyone Received a Book With ImageWrap Cover Yet?

I am dying of anticipation to hear any reviews! I am about ready to order a book (hopefully with ImageWrap) – the pictures posted by Blurb of the sample ImageWrap book look great, but I would be very interested to hear what other people think if anyone has actually ordered and examined one firsthand.

Posted by
hooloovoos
May 22, 2008 6:51am PDT
hooloovoos

yup. I got my first yesterday.

I’m on the fence so far. It feels a bit “cheap” – kinda like a bad yearbook. But I may be influenced by the fact that it arrived damaged. It makes me wonder if it will hold up. (I’ve sent the email request for help- haven’t heard back yet except for the “we got your email auto response) I’m not fond of the surface gloss level- I much prefer what I’ve been getting with both the hard and soft covers previously.

I’m on the way out the door- but I’ll be back and post some links to my photos of the book on Flickr later.

Amelia

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
May 22, 2008 8:58am PDT
CasaDeWoof

I placed an order for one on May 14 and according to the information currently displayed in “My Account,” the order is “processing” with a ship date of today (May 22). I selected Ground shipping so it should be here in 3 to 5 business days, May 27-29. As you can see I’m very anxious and will post a full review when I get it!
I believe ImageWrap was first available on May 8 so someone should have received one by now.

Posted by
jrod5000
May 22, 2008 9:03am PDT
jrod5000

I have some photos up on Flickr.

This one shows the ImageWrap in between a soft and a hardcover. I was trying to show the difference in glossyness of the covers, but it didn’t come out very well. If you like a matte finish, you will love the ImageWrap.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingfur/2512051987/in/photostream/

this one shows the edges of the three types of books so you can see the difference.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingfur/2512879914/in/photostream/

I’m still on the fence. I know that the fact that the book arrived damaged in the upper left corner is coloring my opinion. It makes me wonder if the book will hold up to repeated handling. There are also white flecks on the cover- but that’s due to the printing process and I’ve had issues with that on many of my Blurb books.

I still feel the book feels somehow “cheaper” than a book of the same page count does in hard cover. But I’m not sold one way or another.

Amelia

(forgive me for not posting the photos here, but last time I tried that they got all squished and looked terrible. and since we can’t edit our posts- I didn’t even want to deal with it)

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
May 22, 2008 12:50pm PDT
CasaDeWoof

Amelia,

Thanks so much for the initial impressions.  Very sorry to hear your book came damaged.  That’s a major bummer.  I’d be very grateful if you would keep me posted here in the next little while and let me know if the ImageWrap grows on you, doesn’t hold up, etc. Thanks!

Teri 

Posted by
hooloovoos
May 22, 2008 1:15pm PDT
hooloovoos

Teri-

I’ll let you know. And this weekend my husband comes home- he’s my major reality check. Sometimes I get hyper picky about things and he’s quite good at giving me a figurative slap upside the head. So we’ll see what he thinks.

Amelia

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
May 22, 2008 2:44pm PDT
CasaDeWoof

It looks good to me, Amelia – the glossy dust jacket of the hard-cover books looks great when it’s brand new but I think the ImageWrap will still look good after the dust jacket has long since got tatty.

I have a 418-page ImageWrap book being printed at the moment so I will post pics when it arrives…

Posted by
robkingston
May 22, 2008 3:13pm PDT
robkingston

I’m sure people’s taste will vary. Some like glossy, some like matte. Once they start letting you order a book with BOTH the ImageWrap and a dust cover, then we will be in business!
Every other time I’ve held one of my books in my hands I’ve felt: “wow, this is so cool, it really is like a real book”. This one feels like: “hmm, why did we go with the cheaper company this time?” (when in fact, it was more expensive. go figure) anyway- as with almost all that is discussed on these boards: it’s a matter of taste. But in all honestly- if I picked up a book like this in a bookstore. based on it’s feel. based on it’s weight. I wouldn’t pay the just under $50.00 it cost me to print and ship it here. I have another book from Blurb that cost me just under $100 to print- and it’s worth every penny to me. So I’m sure some of my “I’m not sure about this” comes from the damage, some comes from the recent cost increases. For now, however, I’ll probably stick to the hardcover until they get a choice of both ImageWrap and dust jacket.

Amelia

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
May 22, 2008 6:26pm PDT
CasaDeWoof

Hi Amelia;

MANY THANKS for putting up those images – VERY helpful…

I agree with you – ImageWrap AND a DustCover is THE way forward…

One question please; How far around the inside does the "wrap" go before it get’s covered by the white paper binding page?

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
May 23, 2008 1:19am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee-
It’s not exact. It seems to be anywhere from 1/16” to 1/8”. Do you have any Blurb hard cover books? Because it’s really just like those- except it’s your printed cover that wraps around instead of the black “fabric”. Hope that makes sense. If not- let me know and I’ll take some more photos.

Hmm… just re-read your question. I was answering based on what is visible not the physical amount. As for physical amount: there appears to be 3/4” of cover from the edge to the inside that is then covered with the white paper.

Amelia

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
May 23, 2008 6:54am PDT
CasaDeWoof

Hi Amelia;

THANKS for the response, and for being on the ball with BOTH measurements…

This actually raises another question… If a "custom" page is built to the design spec of the "dustjacket" or "softcover" templates, I wonder how Blurb deals with image "warping" to stretch the image around the lips of the cover, and under the binding page?

I.e. a 13×11 full-bleed cover template has a 13.2×11.1 container. If an image is sized to fit exactly, it will be "stretched" and possibly "warped" to enable the wrap to take place…

I don’t see how Blurb can have a "one-size-fits-all" container for the two different uses; jacket or wrap!!!

I think I’ll post a "sizing" question on the "Sticky" for ImageWrap…

Thanks again;

Have a good Memorail Day week-end…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
May 23, 2008 7:43am PDT
lkb-28

Amelia,

Thanks for the photos… very helpful. I personally think the book looks great but i can appreciate the difference in "FEEL" as i have not orderd a book yet.

I think someone with more experience with the forums/website should post a link to the flickr group with all the pictures of books! very insightful and wonderful too see. And will put minds at ease to see beautiful finished products instead of reading some of the bad reviews found here in the forums and getting frightened like i did. just a suggestion.

Also, Amelia, how did you create your cover with all the scattered polaroids? Photoshop i presume? something i cant afford or probably even use for that matter.. hehe

- bobbie 

Posted by
babiigirl11x
May 23, 2008 9:09am PDT
babiigirl11x

Hi all

In case you haven’t seen them yet, Blurb has also posted our pictures of ImageWrap books on Flickr:

Posted by
mikewhy
May 23, 2008 9:13am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

Nice! I didn’t know those pictures were available. Thanks for the link.

Teri 

Posted by
hooloovoos
May 23, 2008 11:00am PDT
hooloovoos

I really, really don’t like the very flat matte finish on the imagewrap books I received Wednesday.  I feel all it would take to ruin the cover is drip even a drop of water or get a very slightly dirty finger on the cover.  I was so excited when Blurb announced Imagewrap but I think I’ll stick to the dust cover.

...janell 

Posted by
janellmartin
May 23, 2008 2:08pm PDT
janellmartin

bobbie – I did a very similar style of cover with overlapping "Polaroids" on my book here: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/246773

I don’t have Photoshop but I did it in Paint Shop Pro which came bundled with an old digital camera I had. You don’t need a very advanced graphics program – I just put white borders round each picture in the right sizes, added a text box for the writing on the bottom border, then dropped each one as a new layer/selection onto the page and added a drop shadow.

Posted by
robkingston
May 28, 2008 3:26am PDT
robkingston

I agree with janell. I was not impressed with the new imagewrap. I too, will be sticking with a dust cover.

Jack

Posted by
Jackc
May 28, 2008 7:15am PDT
Jackc

I disagree – I’ve just received my Image Wrap book and it looks fantastic – certainly not cheap in any way. I think the matt cover looks a lot more professional than the glossy dust jacket with plain black linen covers.

More in-depth comments and photos to follow in a new thread when I get a chance, but in a word – Wow!

Posted by
robkingston
May 28, 2008 1:55pm PDT
robkingston

Just to follow up, I received my ImageWrap book Friday 5/30 and it looks EXCELLENT.  I very like the matte cover and in my opinion it makes the book look much more professional than those with dust jackets. Anyway, since I started the thread, I thought I would report back. Blurb rocks – again! :)

Teri 

Posted by
hooloovoos
Jun 1, 2008 11:41am PDT
hooloovoos

Thanks Rob, thanks Teri,

with both of you saying they’re OK I’ll give it a try, though it will be about 3 weeks before I finish the book and order, but you’ve given me comfidence in the product.

Amelia, how did your hubby’s reality check go?

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 1, 2008 12:29pm PDT
tfrankland

Hi Tony-
well, my hubby was not impressed. It’s not that he hated it, just didn’t like it. I doubt we’ll go that route again.
After more thought about and playing with of the book I’ve come up with some thoughts. I think part of the reason we were not thrilled is that the cover I made had lots of solid color background. While the photos reproduced fine, the mass of matte solid color was really what made it look “cheap” to my eye. It was so dull that it just looked bad. If I ever try one again, I’ll probably go with a full bleed photo, or at least minimize the background. The fact that the spine was smushed (and I didn’t have time to have it re-made, as it was a gift) also really makes me wonder how this book will hold up over time. So my real thought is- if you’re someone who like a matte finish, then you might as well give it a try, but for folks who prefer glossy, I wouldn’t bother.

Amelia

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
Jun 2, 2008 9:40am PDT
CasaDeWoof

After reading Amelia’s comments, I would also toss in that my book’s cover was predominately (90%, I’d say) photograph, so not much blank color.  Further, the cover is admittedly VERY matte, which dulls vibrant colors somewhat, so those are some things to keep in mind.  Personally, I was very pleased, but I can see how someone wishing for a more accurate representation of vibrant color may be disappointed.

Posted by
hooloovoos
Jun 2, 2008 9:56am PDT
hooloovoos

I also ordered an Image Wrap, and it’s my first book from Blurb at all so I wasn’t sure what to expect and I don’t have anything to compare it to.

My first impression is that I’m not crazy about it.  Like the others have said, it’s a very matte finish, and while I would have preferred a bit more gloss that is just a preference and I’m not sure everyone feels the same way.

Also be aware that if you originally created and intended your book to have a dust jacket, and then decided like me that you wanted Image Wrap, that the images and/or text you created for the dust flaps will not be included with the Image Wrap.

Maybe I should have known this, but as a first-time book creator and buyer I would have appreciated a line of text or a pop-up on the ordering page that stated this, as I put something fairly important on those dust flaps, previewed my work, and ordered my book, all to find out when it arrived they were not included.  Just a heads up.

Daniel 

Posted by
creekboy24
Jun 2, 2008 10:52pm PDT
creekboy24

I must say I’m puzzled by the number of people who say they are not impressed by ImageWrap. To me it looks several orders of magnitude more professional than the dust jacket. Different tastes I suppose, but having the picture directly on the cover with a very classy matte finish looks a lot better to me than an overly shiny dust jacket that will soon get creased and torn.

Posted by
robkingston
Jun 3, 2008 10:41am PDT
robkingston

Having now received 2 imagewrap books, I have not seen the issue I have with the imagewrap book covers addressed here. My first book (imagewrap) had defects with the cover where it hinges and the laminate on the surface was coming apart. I am pleased that blurb replaced it for me(dust cover). However the hinge of the imagewrap book is the issue in my opinion and I feel this is going to be a problem as the cover material does not allow the cover to open properly. I believe the problem is due to the fact that the hinge trough is not well enough defined causing the surface of the book to be stressed when opened and seperations the result. I recently bought a hardcover book (Those Earlier Hills)with a imagewrap cover and although the cover is very similar to the blurb imagewrap books, the cover on this particular book has a very well defined hinge trough that allows for a very smooth hinging cover with no resistance when the cover is opened unlike my blurb imagewrap books. I believe it would not take much for blurb to fix this problem

Jerry

Posted by
VE6AB
Jun 3, 2008 1:00pm PDT
VE6AB

I got my image wrap today June 3, 2008 and it does feels and look cheap.  It feels I have glue or something rough on front and back cover.  I avoid Image wrap.

Posted by
jrmlink
Jun 3, 2008 2:55pm PDT
jrmlink

I just received my first ImageWrap, and there’s one very significant issue. I have a black background on my front and back covers as well as on the spine.

On the hardcover version of the book, the black background is seamless between front, spine and back:

http://flickr.com/photos/tracy_collins/2551749238/

On the ImageWrap, there’s a white “gap” between the black background on the covers and the spine:

http://flickr.com/photos/tracy_collins/2551749314/
http://flickr.com/photos/tracy_collins/2550927255/
http://flickr.com/photos/tracy_collins/2551749190/

It looks bad. Both the hardcover and the ImageWrap were produced from the same BookSmart file. I did’t think that I should have to do anything different to get the backgrounds of the covers and spine to be continuous, do I? Hopefully, this is just a glitch in production.

Posted by
threecee
Jun 4, 2008 11:16am PDT
threecee

That has to be a printing glitch, I’ve never seen anything like that, especially printing from the same file.  I would certainly think that you should contact Customer Service about that, see if they will reprint it for you!

Posted by
hooloovoos
Jun 4, 2008 1:02pm PDT
hooloovoos

I have to give Blurb Customer Support credit. They’ve already started a reprint of my book and have sent me a UPS Return label for the defective book, all within *2 hours*!

That kind of service will keep me coming back.

Posted by
threecee
Jun 4, 2008 1:32pm PDT
threecee

>>I must say I’m puzzled by the number of people who say they are not impressed by ImageWrap. To me it looks several orders of magnitude more professional than the dust jacket. Different tastes I suppose, but having the picture directly on the cover with a very classy matte finish looks a lot better to me than an overly shiny dust jacket that will soon get creased and torn.<<

Actually, count me in on those that think the dust jacket is a much more professional look. Think about it—look at any quality hardcover book in the bookstore—it has a dust jacket. What’s under that jacket? A linen cover, with usually just the title,author and publisher embossed or printed.  That, to me, reads "quality" book. ImageWrap looks to me like something you’d find on the bargain table.

Now, a perfect Blurb book for me would be the dust jacket version, with the title/author printed on the linen spine and cover. ImageWrap doesn’t appeal to me! That said, I was curious to try it but after reading these reviews won’t bother, as what I’ve heard reinforced my first impression. 

Posted by
jczinn
Jun 5, 2008 9:00pm PDT
jczinn

The Imagewrap looks exactly like what I expected.  This style of books have been used in book publishing since (at least) 1980. If anyone every saw a book from Dungeons & Dragons, this is exactly what they used for publishing their hardcovers from 1980 up until today. Complete with the more matte finish than heavy gloss  that you’d see with say a thin cookbook or Dr. Zeuss title.

If the material is the same(and they would probably similar in quality), then I expect them to wear the same..and that is, yes the cover will in fact rub and wear and scuff. My old D&D manuals have degrees of brushed  fading across the cover, depending upon which books were put to heavier use. They look like whitish and faded scuffs on the cover. And by heavy use, I mean multiple 100’s of hours of handling and being shuffled around. Only a textbook, reference or cookbook would probably receive the kind of wear those old books were put to.

I still want a dust jacket in addition to the image wrap.

Now Blurb.com are you listening to the fact that your customers want to spend MORE MONEY buying additional dust jackets for books?  Question is… do you want our money?

Posted by
royalef
Jun 7, 2008 8:00am PDT
royalef

The image wrap looks OK. I also lost the inside flap info. Noweher did it say I would lose that when I ordered. I was under the impression that would wrap inside.

But my biggest problem is the binding. The book is not flush to the spine at all. It cracks and crackles when opened and paged through. There’s a good 1/16 of space between the bound pages and the actual cover spine. As a photo pro, I have enough exposure to printing to know that the pages will soon come loose.

Is this a one off or all they all like this? The color is fine but the binding is a real problem and I would not recommend getting Imagewrap if this is the way they’re all done. The books will simply fall apart in a short time.

TR 

Posted by
timrock
Jun 10, 2008 12:54am PDT
timrock

Hi Tim,

Please contact Order Support because it appears you have a quality control issue. We’ll need to see some pictures of your book so we can better diagnose the problem. What you’re seeing should not be happening.

Apologies for the inconvenience.  

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Jun 10, 2008 9:48am PDT
kathybad

My Book called Yellowstone, after receiving my book two weeks ago, the imagewarp has glue like substance that is coming undone from the book.  When I ordered the imagewarp, I assumed that I would receive both the book cover and the imagewrap together, I was wrong. After watching the video posted on Blurb few days ago, I see you don’t receive both.

If anyone is reading this blog, the photo I use for my book cover should be colorful but it seems that the process of imagewarp really dulls the colors and the texture of the photo.  Will it be safe to go with a bookcover to avoid the loss of color in the photo and to avoid the white glue tint diplayed when using imagewarp?

Thanks Everyone!

Joseph

Posted by
jrmlink
Jun 15, 2008 7:50pm PDT
jrmlink

Hi Joseph,

If your book is coming undone in any way, it sounds like a manufacturing defect. Please get in touch with Order Support so we can figure out what is going on and make things right.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Jun 16, 2008 3:57pm PDT
kathybad

okay, as I was one who dismissed Image Wrap (see above) I have come back to post with a somewhat revised opinion. In a fit of curiousity I dashed off a small format 7×7 book (my first of that size) and dared to try Image Wrap. Surprise surprise, I really liked it for this particular book! Yes, the cover is extremely matte but it somehow works well in the small format, it does look like a book you’d pick up on the "counter rack" at the bookstore rather than from the shelves, but it suits this small format. I would not likely use it or offer it for a large format coffee table book, at least not one that I considered an "art" book, as I still think the dust cover looks much more professional. But I like it for this.

On a related note, this is my first 7×7 and while I’ve read complaints here about the printing for this size (as its a different press than the larger formats), I have no issue with the printing. Image colors are true (except for the background color, which looked like it was going to be red but printed more orange—this I think is my fault as I was too lazy to do a true color read-out and just picked it by swatch) and one black and white image printed nicely too, with no color cast. I may do more of these little books!

Posted by
jczinn
Jun 18, 2008 9:28pm PDT
jczinn

I’ve received my imagewrap order yesterday; I’m pleased of the final result, The Matte finish is great and axactly as expected. My only regret is that I didn’t realize the the wrapping takes a considerable strip of the original photo out from what you get from booksmart at video.
So don’t put anything significant near the border.

My Cover picture has a series of ceiling lamps on the wrapped edge and the pattern looks like a damaged book.

I’d better to know it to avoid it…

Anyway I’m only at my second book and I’m impressed by the constant quality of the print process.

Posted by
treeffe
Jun 20, 2008 1:25pm PDT
treeffe

I like the overall appearance of the book but my came damaged as well. It’s scratched all over and looked like it’s been in the hands of many people. I’ve contacted support but yet to hear from them or received email confirmation of my complaint. I’m guessing I’ll hear from them tomorrow as I just sent it today.

Posted by
jcarnesi
Jun 23, 2008 2:56pm PDT
jcarnesi

I got my image-wrap book today. I’m ticked!! I was in a hurry and obviously didn’t read enough about the image-wrap guidelines about cropping. I must have just assumed that 1/8" was the same for the cover. So I guess I have to blame myself for that (what a waste of $50 though!) The quality does seem nice and comfortable. But I did notice that my cover wasn’t even applied very straight. It’s slightly angled up which kind of annoys me.

After my disappointing unpackaging of my book this afternoon with the messed up cover, I went back to my files to see where it was actually cropped and it does not seem to make sense or be consistent. The sides were cropped more than the bottom and the top more than the bottom. I’m not sure exactly how far to stay away from edges next time. I don’t want to be overly safe every time, especially when I want certain detail near the edge. I wish there were a better way to know exactly where you will lose you image due to wrap. They should include some sort of guidelines on their templates so you know where the ‘safe area’ really is.

There could also be a little better packaging when shipped, it seemed a little unprotected. It did arrive quick though – props!

Posted by
Bock
Jun 25, 2008 10:13pm PDT
Bock

I received my book on 28 Jun, and it turn out to be quite disappointing.  the lamination on the image-wrapped cover pops up along the edge of the joint where we flip the book.  Now it looks so awlful.

The matt surface finishing also  makes the image on the cover look dull and less sharp.

I’ve made my comment to the support team, i hope they could help me.

Posted by
ryxstudio
Jun 29, 2008 5:47pm PDT
ryxstudio

I was  NOT impressed with the colors on my imagewrap book. They are dull and washed out in comparison to the regular book covers. This need to be corrected. It is urgent. Photographic books cannot suffer such a drastic alteration as the first photo the public sees is the one on the cover.  BLURB should offer the option to order imagewrap together with the paper cover or better yet – get the colors right.

Posted by
ondaslokas
Jun 30, 2008 11:41pm PDT
ondaslokas

I just received my first test run of the imagewrap.  My first impression was that it was nice, but then I noticed a few things about the quality. 

I opened the cover just once and noticed the lifting of lamination that was described above on the hinge crease.  The more you open the book, the more defined the crack becomes.  I’m thinking over time that will get worse and most likely flake. 

The other thing I noticed was something mentioned above… the seemingly inconsistent cropping of your front and back cover images.   It states on the FAQ section: 

"For ImageWrap books, we recommend allowing 7/8" to 1 inch of space between your critical content and the edge of the cover page.

For this binding type, 3/8" of the outer edges of a full-bleed image will get wrapped around the edges of the hard cover. After the 3/8" wrap, your text or other content placed at 1" will now appear 1/2" from the edge of the finished cover. "

It seemed that the wrap wasn’t really identical on all sides and pulled anything that needed to be in the center to out of center by a noticeable amount.  Also the front image was a full bleed and it overlaps onto the spine, so when the book is on a shelf with the spine showing you see a slice of image running down it.  Not cool.

Overall I’ll was hoping for something a bit more durable than the dust jackets, but this seems less. <font>I still wish there was a way to order a second dust jacket with every order.   That way the first dust jacket that gets a little ruffled after the initial 50 look-throughs could then be replaced with a new one and you’re book would be good for life.  I think I’ll start a thread on that and see if anyone else things that would be a good idea.  </font>

Posted by
jcmunroe
Jul 3, 2008 7:06am PDT
jcmunroe

I just received my first book.

Print quality is impressive. It exceeded my expectations. But, the lousy quality of the cover in unacceptable.

There are bubbles of air between the lamination and the print, near the spine.

Moreover, there is a heavy greenish color cast due to metamerism under different light sources (the cover in Black & White).

The cropping amount of the image on the cover is way beyond what I had in mind, there is about 2/8 to 3/8 inch (if not more0 lost from each side, due to the image portion is wrapped into the inside … I should have thought so … it is called image wrap in the end :-)

The cropping is not centered or consistent (i.e. the first page was heavily cropped only on the top, thus affecting the original lay out and compition.

It was my first book ever. I very still thrilled by it nonetheless. But, I wished the blurb software would give more guidance about where the cropping would actually occur. And Blurb should do something on the image wrap cover quality and metamerism, this last one not showing on B&W images printed on the inside pages.

Posted by
NickHK168
Jul 7, 2008 10:16pm PDT
NickHK168

Where is the edit function gone? I just realized my keyboard batteries are running out and that has caused that I have missed a few letters here and there, causing mispellings, which I apologize for. Next time I have to run a spell check before hitting the "post" button.

Posted by
NickHK168
Jul 7, 2008 10:21pm PDT
NickHK168

If you haven’t already you should take up the issue of the bubbles of air with Blurb, their customer support is really good and  I would expect them to replace the book.

If you goto the Search FAQs page you’ll see heading on the right of EMAIL SUPPORT, under that you’ll find Order Sopport.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 8, 2008 12:48am PDT
tfrankland

Hi guys

I have just received my first imagewrap book (and 5th Blurb book) it is brilliant! Just beautiful, I am really hard pushed to fault it. I’ve ordered another two copies already.

My book is a collection of my blog and rather suits the 10×8 format and the photo I chose also suits the matt cover. 

Check it out.

I also made my own wrapping image, by chopping in half a photo and filling in the spine with the colour of the missing bit of image. It was an experiment and I was convinced that the colour of the spine probably wouldn’t match the rest of the image the first time I tried it, but more by luck thean judgment it has arrived and it is astonishingly good.

No wraps, no unstuck sticky bits, no problems.

Blurb! I love you! :-)

Clare 

Posted by
djclare
Jul 8, 2008 1:23pm PDT
djclare

Hi Clare;

GOOD thinking on filling in the spine colour – BUT – clearly it will only work on an image where you have a solid chunk of colour to cut at the spine…

FYI – and for anybody interested – the best way to ensure a colour-match is to do an "eye-dropper" colour-catch in your Post-Processing software (Photoshop or similar), note the RGB colour code, and then select that exact colour from the BookSmart colour swatches under the "More Options" tabs…

So how is life in deepest,darkest Alberta?

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 9, 2008 1:44am PDT
lkb-28

how did you specify the spine color to be the same red as the cover (of the Fotos book)?

Posted by
beccameek
Jul 10, 2008 9:52am PDT
beccameek

That is what Lee just explained! But look at this thread as well…...

http://forums.blurb.com/forums/4/topics/3303

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 10, 2008 10:55am PDT
tfrankland

Becca, I just did it by eye and wasn’t expecting a perfect match, but I was lucky and got one! As Tony & Lee said though, there is a better way of doing it…

Lee, life in deepest darkest Alberta is pretty good now that the sun is shining! It’s not stopping me from nipping back to the UK next week to escape the mosquittos though! ;-) 

Posted by
djclare
Jul 10, 2008 10:57am PDT
djclare