Book Printing

Color Profile for Premium Paper

Will there be a new color profile for the Premium Paper or is the same type of paper just thicker? 

I’ve been using the "HP5000SemimatteExp05.icc" and been impressed with how accurate the color has been.

Has anyone gotten a book with the Premium Paper yet?  If so how is it?         

Thanks

::Chris

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
boltpro
Oct 31, 2008 8:24pm PDT
boltpro

I am extremely impressed with the Premium Paper.  It is thick and glossy and similiar to what you would find in any book on photography in a bookstore.  I don’t have comparison to the regular paper though as I’ve only ordered one test copy so far.

Joe

Posted by
joegiuliano
Nov 28, 2008 9:01am PDT
joegiuliano

New to Blurb & Color Profiling, or are you a Pro who just wants to see what specific colors REALLY look like in print? This Book Will Help!
(This is NOT a replacement for keeping calibrated monitors and using correct profiles… BUT it certainly does help in finding the right color to use in your project!!!)

GREAT FOR BLURB BOOK MAKERS! See how a Specific Color Value will look once printed through Blurb’s printers. Or use as a reference in picking the right background color for your project!

RGB Color Guide | For Print & Web Design

by HG Design Studios, LLC
Heather N Grimmer

Published March 2009.
ISBN-13: 978-0-9823082-0-2

RGB Color Guide | For Print & Web Design, is a valuable studio resource for professionals and students, as well as “DIY Website Designers,” and those using RGB Automated Conversion Commercial Print Venues.*

Included inside this Book is a charted guide of RGB Color Values, a
charted guide of Web Safe Color Hex Values, Color Gradients, Image
Resolution Comparisons, and Color Isolation Cut-Out Pages.

Whether meeting with a client in order to choose the perfect “RED,” or
finding just the right color for the Web, this reference book will be your next project’s most valuable resource companion.

Softcover, Available in:
Regular Paper, No Custom Workflow
Regular Paper, w/ Custom Workflow
Premium Paper, w/ Custom Wrokflow

-(Check Blurb Book Title to determine book print type)

Hardcover out soon…

SEE THE BLURB BOOK HERE:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/611650

Need Help or would like to submit feedback? Email me! publishing@hgdesignstudios.com

Posted by
HGDesignStud
Apr 6, 2009 5:46pm PDT
HGDesignStud

HgDesignStud,

an excerpt from the forum pocies…..

This Space is Not for Rent
Promoting your book in the Forums is not only allowed, but very much encouraged. However, posts about miracle weight-loss pills and get-rich-quick schemes are not. Also, regardless of its validity, posting the same message over and over across different threads is considered spamming. In short, we don’t allow advertisements or spam of any kind. If you come across any ads or spam on the Forums, give us a holler using our Feedback form and we’ll get rid of it.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Apr 6, 2009 11:35pm PDT
tfrankland

Sorry Tony,

I did review the forum policies prior to posting, and I posted in only THREE forums relevant to specifically COLOR as I thought that this book would be VERY helpful to many Blurb members facing the challenges of predicting color outcomes. I actually did change the posts a little bit so technically (and very technically,) they aren’t all the same posts. BUT I do get what you’re saying and I apologize for the spamming impression.

My goal was to provide members exposure to a tool that may make Blurb book creation and color printing predictable for those who are new to Blurb, who may not own monitor calibration kits, or who simple would like the desktop reference when trying to find a color for their project, and since these books are printed through Blurb, they’ll know the quality to expect for their own books.(Which I’m impressed with every time I order my own.)

I heed your warning and apologize!

Sincerely, 

Heather Grimmer

Posted by
HGDesignStud
Apr 10, 2009 3:40pm PDT
HGDesignStud

I like your idea Heather, I think the book could prove very useful.

It is akward to remind people about the rules without appearing "crabby", it was meant as a reminder rather than a formal complaint.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Apr 10, 2009 11:17pm PDT
tfrankland