Book Printing

binding of the Netherlands printer...

...is much better!

I just received my 390 page 11×13” photo book and the binding is tight and secure. Even better the pages are no longer held to the cover by a single sheet of thin paper, there seems to be some cloth tape and other structuring involved.

I’m a satisfied customer.

Jenny

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jennyb82
Dec 22, 2008 7:53am PDT
jennyb82

I have te same experience as Jenny. The Dutch binding is perfect.

Yvonne

Posted by
YvonneSmits
Dec 22, 2008 1:51pm PDT
YvonneSmits

Same here, no problems so far.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Dec 22, 2008 2:44pm PDT
tfrankland

I’ve had two friends do Blurb hardcover ( imagewrap)  books recently and both had the same binding problems particularly where the cover boards connect to the spine. In both cases that area was ‘noisy’ and crackled when touched and seemed loose, not firm.  I’ve done a number of imagewrap books myself with no binding problems ( except in two cases where the printer left residues of rubber cement) and I’m about to do more so I’m concerned about what might be a recent trend. I’m going to see if I can find out via tracking information where these friends had their books printed. I’d be interested to hear if others have had that problem.

Posted by
mpower
Jan 8, 2009 11:05pm PDT
mpower

Hello mpower;

ALL of my books have been printed in The Netherlands, and, IMO, they are getting BETTER !

What I did discover (which makes sense when you think about it) is that the hard-covers are fixed sizes, sized for the maximum number of pages in a price-band… so, if you have a book which only just breaches a price-band, then there will be some "slack" in the spine, which may give rise to the problem you describe!

Outside of that I have had NO problems with binding of my books…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 9, 2009 1:40am PDT
lkb-28

Unfortunately, I just got a big book, 350 pages, and the binding is shotty. The binding is already totally off and I can see sunlight through the other side. Disappointing. I live in Switzerland so I am assuming this is the Dutch printer. I have contacted support though and they are being very helpful. I will post on what happens.

My other books have been perfect until now.

Posted by
jjcartwright
Feb 10, 2009 12:29pm PDT
jjcartwright

Hi, I am about to order my first 360-page Imagewrap book and was wondering, if there is any way to find out BEFORE ordering, what kind of binding will be used?

I mean, glued or sewn pages, at least? I am from the USA.

Posted by
olinkaokc
Jun 8, 2009 6:05pm PDT
olinkaokc

My experience is that a book that size will be glued. I had a 80 page one stitched, my larger books (approx 120 pages and 150 pages) were glued. These were printed in The Netherlands.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 8, 2009 11:14pm PDT
tfrankland