Book Printing

COMPRESSION

I  just realized Booksmart compresses the images, sometimes to a point they lose their quality, it’s not about 4 colors print, it’s about compression, and images fine lines, like Trajan fonts that are part of the photo, degrade so much they are useless. Why?. we are doing the best we can, if you read the forums they are full of complains, many of them are about basic things like this one, if you like to check, I posted the two images so you can compare. I hope Blurb offer a solution soon. Thanks. T.T

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
titotrelles
Jan 12, 2009 5:49pm PDT
titotrelles

HI TT;

This problem normally arises when overly large images are imported into relatively smaller image containers…

Are you pre-sizing your images to fit first?

Recommended dpi is 300… if your net image import is significantly greater than that, in my experience, this does lead to compression artifacts appearing… but NOT if I size correctly first!

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 13, 2009 1:40am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee, thanks for your reply, the images are 13×11" at 300dpi,JPG maximum quality here is how it looks on PREVIEW:

http://www.thetrelles.com/Picture%204

I’ve printed several 8×10 and they were great . thanks, Tito Trelles

Posted by
titotrelles
Jan 13, 2009 3:07am PDT
titotrelles

Hi Tito;

See my reply to your other post here… [click on link]... that may also be a factor in your "compressed" images!

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 13, 2009 3:45am PDT
lkb-28