Book Printing

Test Print Option .... please

Since there no icc profile in the BookSmart program, and even though I’ve downloaded the HP5000 icc, it’s still going to be a hit & miss process getting the right coloring for the photos.

What would really be nice, if there was a test print option, not expensive, ie, at cost, so we can print a few pages with photos so we can look at the colors before finally giving the go ahead.

Would it be possible??

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
MikeWerner
Feb 13, 2009 1:08pm PDT
MikeWerner

Indeed Mike;

Many of us don’t have recently-calibrated monitors etc. Print-out at a Blurb printer is the real test. But in recent months, total cost to overseas of even a small book has soared. A couple of test pages by airmail envelope would be great help!

P

Posted by
peteshep
Feb 13, 2009 2:41pm PDT
peteshep

My monitor is fully calibrated, but the end result is not what it should be in Blurb. That is because, as their documentation says, the embedded profiles aren’t taken into account.

You can download the HP5000 icc and do some test print on your local printer, but to see what it really will look like, you need to print on their printer.

89 of the photos come out fine, it’s the 20% I’m worried about. Once you’ve got a bit of saturation in the photo, results are not exactly predictable. Hence the request for a special proff print option. I don’t care that they splatter "PROOF" all over the photo, as long as I can see what the colors will look like.

It really would be nice to have someone from Blurb reply here!

Posted by
MikeWerner
Feb 14, 2009 2:27am PDT
MikeWerner