Book Printing

monitor calibrating question

I have no idea about this issue. But i want to make a BW photo book. Should I calibrate my macbook pro? What is the easiest way to do this? How do i know what calibration Blurbs printers are?
Would it make a big difference if i didn’t calibrate it because my images are just BW?
Thank You!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
lachephoto
Mar 29, 2009 12:02pm PDT
lachephoto

Calibrate your monitor because in b&w this will affect the brightness or darkness of the print.I have a little Spyder calibration kit.You can get these and others for a couple of hundred dollars.I calibrate every two weeks or so.The Macbooks also can be calibrated in colorsync(it gives you prompts through the process) It is not as accurate but better than no calibration.If you are calibrated and Blurb is to get the same look download the B3 profile and softproof in Photoshop(there are Forum threads on this)

You will prepare your image in grayscale then convert to rgb.Make sure you send all images in the book to Blurb in srgb space. Good luck

Posted by
bwaysteve
Apr 28, 2009 7:48pm PDT
bwaysteve

lachephoto,

The question you asked about calibrating monitor, please know and understand that this has been frequently discussed on Blurb forum discussion many times. You could try to conduct a search query on the topic related to calibrated monitor, color management and all.

Also, I have posted some of my replies to other participant – very similar situation to yours, since you also are running on MacBook Pro. So, please have a look at this link below as well (btw, I just respond to that other forum discussion only minutes ago… just now…)

Blurb forum topic entitled "Monitor Calibration" used for MacBook Pro. There is a pretty good tip in there.

Hope that helps. Cheers, Brian {a passionately Blurbarian}

Posted by
brianbonitz
Apr 28, 2009 10:00pm PDT
brianbonitz