Book Printing

Changing from Dust Jacket to Image Wrap

I am working on a wedding Album. In the begining I selected dust jacket as the cover. I have completed working on my book and I decide to go with Image wrap option. I do not see the option to change it. Can some one please tell me how I could change this option? Or do I get to see that option while I am ordering the book ? 

Thanks in advance.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ssrinivasan
Apr 30, 2009 12:33pm PDT
ssrinivasan

You’ll get to see that option when you come to order. There is no difference when you are creating your book except you have to bear in mind that any information you put on the flaps will not be printed when you order an image wrap.

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Apr 30, 2009 1:21pm PDT
tfrankland

Thanks for the information Tony.

Posted by
ssrinivasan
Apr 30, 2009 1:45pm PDT
ssrinivasan

I just want to thank Tony for all the helpful information he provides in the forums on all subjects. . You’d think he was a Blurb employee? He should be! 

Thanks Tony for taking your valuable time with the newbies, and some not so newbies. It is appreciated!

Posted by
koolkat
May 1, 2009 12:27am PDT
koolkat

Thanks for that koolkat!.

I’m open to offers if anybody from Blurb is listening

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 1, 2009 2:55am PDT
tfrankland

Dont do it the print quality goes to good to bad.  We did the same thing for a soccer book and the quality of the pics turned out grainy.  I contacted them and asked how could the pics be fine in the dust jacket cover and then order the same book in the hard cover and the quality of the pics are horrible.  They use different print companies to print.  Becareful

Posted by
rvneil12
May 14, 2009 8:41pm PDT
rvneil12

I have to agree with the above response. I also printed a copy of my book using ImageWrap and the cover looks terrible. The details in the shadows are all obliterated, and the colours are shifted quite far by my standards. And it was washed out looking.

Plus, the book I received had a warped cover.

I’ll only be using dust jackets for my books going forward.

Posted by
smgalbraith
May 15, 2009 8:33am PDT
smgalbraith