Book Printing

Thanks for the reprint

I received one of my books from Blurb, the problem was with the binding.  The pages started falling out the first day and the front cover would not lay flat.  However, they replaced the book. The binding on the new one is just fine – no complaints there.  So thank you Blurb.  Just one comment, the cover photos both front and back are not as bright or crisp as the original book.

If I hadn’t seen the original, I probably wouldn’t have noticed.

I was pleased with their prompt attention to my problems

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
meraloma1
Jun 2, 2009 12:36pm PDT
meraloma1

There is no beating Blurb customer service.  They really stand behind the product.

Posted by
deanej
Jun 2, 2009 12:39pm PDT
deanej

I am on my second time with a reprint due to quality issues.  I have noticed the inconsistancy of reprints.  I did not send my original book back because I wanted to compare them side by side.  The reprints are actually worse than the first book.  We had binding issues too.  We also had cover issues with the soft and hard covers.  The coating is seperating and it looks like air bubbles on the cover.  Their quality has gone down hill.  About a year ago it wasnt like this.  However on the soft cover books they fell apart last year.  Its hard to believe that a whole year has gone by and they still have not corrected the binding issue.  If they want to keep cost down they should think about fixing some the issues.  They are going to start loosing customers.  I am using a different book printing company.  I give up trying to work with blurb.

Posted by
rvneil12
Jun 5, 2009 7:01pm PDT
rvneil12