Book Printing

New type of Image Wrap?

I just received my latest Image Wrap book, and while the actual quality has improved a great deal since my last book (about a year ago) ie no bubbles, the colours are very disappointing on the cover. There is a very pronounced red cast. The colour quality on the pages of the book itself are very very good and I am extremely happy with it. Its just the cover :-(  I’m not sure whether my client is going to accept it, they are really quite fussy and I’ve had to have a whole lot of prints redone. 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Alirat
Jun 3, 2009 2:14am PDT
Alirat

I have had the same problem.  I am not happy about presenting my work to clients when it has the red cast on the cover image.  It undermines the quality standard I set for my work.

Posted by
lenzart
Jun 3, 2009 3:11am PDT
lenzart

I don’t understand why there’s not an option to have any other cover than matte finish.

The discription indicates that the matte finish is durable, but it is quite the oposite. It scratches easily and finger prints are terrible. If you try to clean it is streeks too. It just does not last. In a very short amount of time the book looks old and the quality is gone. I think that if they upgraded to a gloss they would triple thier sales. My only issue is the lack of durability the book has, and for this reason I don’t buy it any more. I’m very disappointed in the quality of the cover.Frown

Posted by
jrabbit903
Jun 4, 2009 11:15am PDT
jrabbit903

Hi!I agree with all of us!My last Image Wrap book was perfectly printed except the cover!If I choose a black/white picture for the cover it’s not so bad,but with a colour picture it’s really disappointing…Dirty,scratchy….I think with a glossy cover the books would look much better!Frown

Posted by
itzi74
Jun 9, 2009 3:14am PDT
itzi74